Chapter 20: Not This Again

Not This Again

As he got closer, I felt my heart picked up speed. He was a breath away when he pulled away instantly and got up. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to react. It was like flipping a switch. I got up too, but I kept my gaze on the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. What were you thinking, Lexie? Of course he wouldn't kiss you. You're not his type.

I looked up when I heard him cleared his throat. "Uh, I have to go now. See you at school Monday." He said.

"Yeah bye and thanks again for the teddy bear." I said feeling awkward.

"You're welcome, Cupcake." He said giving me a genuine smile. I smiled back as I realize that he was trying to make the conversation a little less tense. I followed him to the front door and closed it after he left.

I rest my back on the door and close my eyes. I can't believe the bad boy almost kissed me and I was going to let him. I had to be careful, I don't want him to get to me because I don't want to get hurt.

He is a player and a player will always be a player.

*~*~*

Since that almost kiss with Josh, it was like it never happened. He never brought it up and he went back to his normal self. I even passed him in the hallway on my way to second period and he was sucking faces with Erica. I felt a pang of hurt in my chest, but I had to remind myself that I shouldn't care. He was a player and Erica was his type of girl anyways; after all she was pretty and popular and I was just...me.

I turned the last corner where my classroom was, when I bumped into someone. I mumbled a sorry and looked up at the person. When I saw who it was, I mentally groaned and took a step back.

"No problem, Lexie. You can bump into me any day." Troy said and flashed that smile that I used to love. I was about to sidestep him and continued to class, when he blocked my way. I looked at him getting very annoyed. "Excuse me." I said through gritted teeth. I wasn't going to let him hit me again.

He just smirked at me and stepped closer to me. "Feisty are we?"

I continued to look at him and I couldn't help but wonder where had the boy that I once liked gone. His grey eyes that used to sparkle when he laughed now held a dark, dull and emotionless look as he stared back at me. The boy that used to cheer me up when I was sad was gone and standing in front of me was a complete stranger.

"What happened to you, Troy?" I asked suddenly. "I don't even know who you are anymore."

"What are you talking about? I'm still the same person. I'm your boyfriend." He said reaching for my hands. I flinched away and gave him a hard look.

"You lost that title the day you put your hands on me!" I shouted angrily. "I don't know who you are anymore and what you want, but stay away from me!"

I was about to stomp away when he grabbed hold of my hand tightly. "If you think you are going to get away with that, babe. You are totally wrong." He growled in my ear. I tried prying my hand from his grip, but it was useless.

The late bell rang and I knew I had to get away from him fast because I would be late for sure. I was thinking about what to do to get rid of Troy. when I heard a voice behind me.

"Is there a problem here?" The person said. I looked around and was surprised to see Brandon standing a few feet away from us. His jaw clenched tightly and his hands were in tight fist at his sides. Troy turned around and gave Brandon a cold stare.

"Mind your own damn business!" Troy shouted through clenched teeth.

"Let go of her now." Brandon said in a calm, but hard tone. I really wanted Troy to let me go because I really didn't want a fight to start. Knowing Troy he would become angry to what Brandon said and retaliate. He doesn't take well to someone telling him what to do.

"Please let me go, Troy." I begged.

His eyes snapped back to mine before he shouted. "This is bullshit!" But before he let me go, he brought his mouth close to my ear and whispered so only me could hear. "This isn't over, babe. You are mine and will always be. Don't forget that!" I shivered from his words, but it wasn't the nice kind. He finally released my hand and stomp away leaving me and Brandon behind.

"Are you okay, Lexie?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah. Thanks." I nodded my head, rubbing my wrist that Troy gripped earlier.

His eyes followed my actions and his eyebrows furrow. "Did he hurt you?" He asked, his eyes going wide with disbelief.

"No, it's okay. I have to get to class." I said. Avoiding his gaze, I turned away from him and head to my class that I was already late for.

*~*~*

When I reached home that day, I threw my bag on the floor and dropped into the couch beside Andrew who was watching TV.

"What happened to you?" Andrew asked looking at me quickly before turning his attention back to the television.

"Nothing. Just tired." I said leaning back on the couch and closing my eyes. For the rest of the day today, I tried avoiding Troy. I don't understand what Troy's problem was. He doesn't care about me so why don't he just give up and leave me alone?

I picked up my bag from the floor and got up from the couch. "I'm going upstairs to lay down." I said to Andrew. He mumbled a response, not taking his eyes from the television. I went upstairs and entered my room and got out clothes from my closet and went to the bathroom. I need to have a long shower and a long nap.

**************************************
AN: Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter. Please don't forget to vote if you did 😊

Stay unique!

~Alecia