34•

A/n y'all I published this since like 3 pm😭 it didn't publish until I checked to see y'all comments I'm sorry

Tap in if y'all watch cobra Kai 🙃

"According to what we have been shown today, it has been decided by the jury that Horace Bernard Walls III, in the account of 1st degree murder of officer Jeanne Kelly," the judge starts. We all stand up and hold our breath. I'm surprised they let us in, or me in that is.

"Is guilty."

"Fuck all that shit," Durk yells out. Now he know damn well Nardo did it. So does all the people on his side.

"It's because he's black," a woman yells in the back and I hear Vroy snicker.

"He's innocent!"

"Case closed, get out of here," the judge yells and they take nardo away.

I walk up to the judge.

"I am carrying his child, I have the right to see him," I tell him. He looks me up and down, like he's trying to figure me out.

"You girls nowadays. So easily manipulated. He's hurt you so much and you still love him," he tells me.

Love? That's the farthest from what I feel. I don't know what I feel. I just don't want him in there, even though he deserves to be. I deserve to be in there too. He's only been convicted of one of the hundreds of crimes he's committed. They want me to tell the truth. The truth will only get us all killed.

"That's not what I asked, sir," I say, placing my hand on my hip. "I just want to speak with my child's father. Please, they haven't let me speak to him since he was arrested."

"Fine. Once he's settled tomorrow you can speak to him. He will be handcuffed and limited to touching. And a nurse will be present due to your pregnancy," he states and I nod.

"Thank you, sir."

"You are a beautiful girl. The world is a head of you. I hope you open your eyes. Detective Morgan with the FBI requested to speak with you also, he's just outside the doors waiting for you."

I nod, smiling and walk away.

He's right, Morgan was right outside the door flirting with a perky woman with colorful... well everything.

"Hi, oh my gosh," she says to me pulling me into a hug. I smile at her, but of course I fake it. I don't know this woman. "You are just as beautiful as everyone said you were."

I just smile and shake Morgan's hand.

"Omg you probably think I'm so weird! I'm Penelope Garcia, the brains behind the FBI," she says, pulling me closer to her.

"Nice to meet you," I say. Weird ass. Alex stop being mean.

"I have a few questions for you," Morgan says, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Lex, come on man," Vroy yells out.

"I'll drive her home. we have to ask her some questions."

"Her lawyer ain't here," Durk says grabbing my arm. I follow him out.

"She doesn't need o-"

"Bye nigga," Melly says, wrapping an arm around me.

"I-" Morgan stops himself from responding.

"You good," they ask me and I nod. I just want to go to sleep and talk to nardo.

————\\\

"Nardo," I say when I see him and he smiles at me widely. I run to him and wrap my arms around him completely. He's in shackles so he can't hug me back but the feeling of his body still feels like home.

"No physical contact," the guard yells.

"Fuck up," Nardo responds and kisses my lips. I hope contact and peck his lips again. He kneels to kiss my stomach. We sit down across from each other.

I examine his face. It's covered in bruises and cuts.

"Baby, what happened," I asked, seeing him stare at the guard.

"Don't worry about it," he tells me, glancing back at me.

"Horace Bernard Walls," I snap, glaring at him. He's not finna pull that shit on me. I want to know what the actual fuck is happening in there.

"Fuck you saying my government for," he sasses back. Sassy ass nigga.

"The judge said it," I respond.

"Ian knock up the judge," he says causing me to giggle.

"Better not have," I say. The judge a whole nigga. I wanna see that happen lowkey. Alex, shut up. "What happened, Nardo?"

"Fucking guards set me up," he responds, pissed off. "Had two niggas come in my cell and beat the shit outta me. My hands was cuffed too so I couldn't do nothing but kick."

"I can only imagine, with them chicken legs you have. Oh my sweet baby," I say and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Ain't shit funny man," he responds.

"Sorry," I reply. "It's the baby."

"Man," he smacks his teeth. "They need to let me out."

"Just request solitary confinement," I say. They can't mess with him in there.

"I wouldn't be able to see you, Nina. And I gotta watch the baby grow inside you," he says, trying to touch me.  "Until I get out this bitch."

"Whatchu mean," I ask him. He better not plan on breaking out. He is not Ted bundy or Chris tucker. Shit is not going to work.

"You gon get me out this bitch," he tells me, with a smirk.

Who is you? You as in me? Fuck he talking bout man?

"Fuck you mean," I say, standing up a bit.

"You gon help me out this."

"Baby boy, I don't have magical powers that can break you out of here," I respond shaking my head. Who does he think I am?

Yes, I do want him home. I know he's killed every person shown- except Quando because that was my bad. But everybody deserves a second chance. Even though this is probably his 100th chance.

"I need you to lie for me," he whispers to me and I lean in to hear him better.

"Nardo I-"

"Listen Linda, damn," he raises his voice at me. I pull my head back, offended. I know this nigga didn't just say that. "I need you to tell them something. Something that will make them believe I'm innocent."

"Nardo that's hard as hell, they have so much against you-"

"Fuck what they have. I have you. You supposed to be a ride or die-"

"Ion wanna die fa you Nigga-"

"Nina, You not gon die," he tells me, in a softer voice. Oh, he tryna manipuladip me. He sound so sexy.

"Yeah right," I say.

"Times up," the guard says, grabbing his arms.

"Remember what I said, Nina," he tells me as he stands up. "Damn nigga, on my dick for real. Ion swing that way."

"Nardo," I say laughing my ass off.

"I love you, Nina," he tells me as he's basically being dragged off.

"I love you too Nardo," I say touching my stomach. "We love you."

"Excuse me, can you help me find my mom," a boy asks me. I look up and it's Tayk. He probably thinks I won't remember because of me losing my memory. I guess he's not dead.