Part twelve

Audrey walked up to a tree branch that has fallen to the ground

Audrey walked up to a tree branch that has fallen to the ground. Jasper is right behind her. "I know what you are, darling" Audrey spoke up. "Same with my cousins." Audrey made eye contact with Jasper as he froze. Audrey shook her head, silently telling him to wait. "There is one thing I am curious about. That day when I asked you to the beach,  you said no to the beach trip only after you heard where it was," Audrey continued. "Because of the treaty." This last registered with him.

"How old are you?" Audrey asked. "Nineteen," Jasper added. "How long have you been nineteen?" Audrey asked. Jasper saw he can't hide anymore. Honesty was an enormous risk, but he had to take it. "....A while," he replied as Audrey sighed. "I know what the Cold Ones are," Audrey looked up at him. "What you are." "Say it. Out loud. Say it," Jasper asked Audrey. The noises stopped as She whispered. ".....Vampire," Audrey whispered as Jasper nodded. Audrey grabs his shirt as Jasper pulls her closer to him.

Audrey holds onto him as She looks up at him. "What are you?" Jasper asked. "I'm....," Audrey trailed off. "I'm human." "That I know," Jasper answered. "But you also have the scent of something else." "That is because I am a witch," Audrey revealed. "My cousins are too." "How long have you been a witch," Jasper asked her. "My whole life" Audrey answered. "Same with Elizabeth and Ruth." "When were you born?"Jasper asked her. "1693," Audrey answered after a pause.

"You've been on this earth for about 329 years?" Jasper asked her. "And I never knew you since?" "When were you turned?" Audrey asked. "1863," Jasper answered. "I've been looking for you since I met Alice?" "I've been looking for you too, you must be my twin flame," Audrey said looking into Jasper's eyes. "What's a twin flame?" Jasper asked. "It's what we call our mates, soulmates, the fire to our souls. When a witch finds their twin flame, the candle will light" Audrey told jasper. Who was taking everything in.

"You can try and tell me that you're dangerous. And I shouldn't be near you. But I don't believe it" Audrey told him. "You should," Jasper told her. "You have to ask me the most basic question: what do we eat?" "You won't hurt me," Audrey told him. "If you want to, you could have killed me. I know it. You're different. So am I darling." "You think you know me?" Jasper asked as he grabbed my hand. "Where are we going?" Audrey asked. "Up the mountain. Out of the cloud bank," Jasper replied.

"You need to see what I am. What I look like in the harsh light of the sun? You need to see the truth," Jasper told her as he pulls her onto his back. "Slow down! My hair!" Audrey asked. "Are you afraid?" He asked. "No," Audrey replied. "Then come with me," he told her as he looked at her. "I always wanted to do this with you. Ever since I first met you. No one can protect you from what I'm about to show you." "I'm not afraid pretty boy," Audrey reminded him. "You should be," Jasper said as he pulls Audrey onto his back.

"Hold on," he told her as he began to run. Jasper races through the forest, dark trunks strobing past as he picks up speed, faster and faster. Audrey gasp at the speed. There's no way Could she be able to keep up with him, Audrey thought. Not even our magic could make me this fast. Audrey thought. Audrey clung to his back as it seems he'll collide with the trees, but he avoids them with supernatural grace. It's frightening, nauseating, and intoxicating. "Are you afraid!?" He asked again.