Part forty-nine

-𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗗𝗮𝘆-

Bella is driving the SUV as Jacob sits in the passenger seat

Bella is driving the SUV as Jacob sits in the passenger seat. Audrey is in the back seat with Aurora and Renesmee. They're heading to Charlie's place so he can babysit Aurora and Renesmee. "I'm surprised you took a break from Jedi training," Jacob spoke up. "If we don't take the twins Renesmee to our dad, he'll come to us. Not so great," Bella replied, her eyes meeting Audrey's in the rear-view mirror. "18 vampires, three wolves, two Dhampirs, and three witches,"  Audrey added. "What a wonderful day to be alive."

"Not all of us are alive, Audrey," Bella reminds him. "I know," Audrey replied.  "But it isn't the best decision to have Charlie there with the human drinkers there." "I know that's what you told Edward and Jasper," Jacob told them. Bella doesn't reply as she realizes that Jacob is aware they're up to something. "Whatever. I'm just glad to get away from all those reeking bloodsuckers," Jacob replied. Bella gives Jacob a look of disapproval. "I'm sorry. I know. They're the good guys," Jacob corrected himself. "But come on, Dracula One and Two are creepy."

They laugh as Aurora and Renesmee get into another argument. They start slapping their hands at each other. "Hey, hey," Audrey scolded them. "Don't fight!" "You and Aunty Bella always do that!" Aurora told her.  "Who said that?" Audrey asked, keeping a poker face. "Sethy told us that," Aurora smirks at Audrey, getting the feeling that she was lying. "Don't lie, Aunty Audrey," Renesmee giggled.

"I am not!" Audrey replied as Bella shot her a disapproving look. She sighs as they arrive at Charlie's place.

-𝗦𝘄𝗮𝗻 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲-

As Bella pulls up the car at Charlie's, Aurora and Renesmee quickly get out of the car and run towards Charlie and Sue as they come out of the house. Leah and Seth are behind them. "Grandpa!" They all shout as they run at him. "There she is. Come here," Dad exclaimed as he catches Renesmee in his arms and spins her, Aurora hugging his legs. "Oh! Wow! Look at you. You've grown half a foot! Seriously. Like 6 inches."

"Sethy!" Aurora squealed as she jumps into his arms and kisses his cheek, the boy blushing. Audrey smile as Aurora interact with her imprinter. "Come on inside. Lunch is on the table," Sue told the kids. "We got a tree to decorate, huh?" Dad added as Aurora and Renesmee cheered, arguing amongst themselves about who was going to put the star on top of the tree. "Audrey and I've got a few errands to run, guys. We'll be back soon, okay?"

Bella told them, Jacob gives Bella a knowing look as she leaves and goes inside the house with Renesmee.  "Bye, mommy!" Aurora waved goodbye to us as they went into the house with Seth and Leah. "Come on. Let's go," Dad said as he and Sue follows the kids inside.

-𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲-

Alice's note gave Audrey a new sense of hope. Maybe she had a plan for us after all. And maybe J. Jenks was the key. They arrive at the restaurant they are supposed to meet Jenks. They walk up to the Host's table. "We're meeting Mr. Jenks," Bella said. "Right this way," the host told them as he leads us to an African-American man sitting at a table. "Mrs. Hale, Mrs. Cullen," Jenks replied as we sat down in front of him. "Hi," Bella replied.