१८

Rumi dragged her feet through the entrance of the company. All she wanted to do was lay in her bed right now. She was exhausted, mentally. And didn't wanted to move at all. Placing her id on the detector, she waited for glass doors to open. The doors opened but her feet felt heavy to move.

"Ma'am?" The guard called wondering why was the woman standing in between.

"Ah, ye." Rumi bowed her head and started dragging her feet again. "I don't wanna do anything today." She cried heading towards the elevator. A crowd of girls were gathered in the front. "Why is it crowded today?" Rumi questioned glancing around in suspicion. Everything looked normal. Nobody was running around like something big happened. So...? Rumi trailed off walking near the group gathered.

"We should really take stairs." One of the girls said letting out a big sigh.

"Yah, take stairs? Are you mad or what?" Another one retorted crossing her arms. "Where did manager oppa went off to?" She asked turning around when her eyes met Rumi's. Uncrossing her arms, she bowed and stepped aside. "Step aside." She said nudging the other girls.

A girl group? But what are they doing at staff elevator? Rumi bowed back and walked towards the elevator door. "Is something wrong?" She causally asked looking the girl who had noticed her.

"No. The elevator, not working." The girl answered moving her hands around trying to explain the situation. Rumi stared at her with eyebrows raised, wondering why she was speaking in English when Rumi had clearly asked her in Korean. Then she realised, a foreigner walking through the native crowd, of course.

"Ah mianhamnida." The girl beside her grabbed her and pulled aside. "The other elevators are under maintenance and we don't have access to use this one." She calmly explained. Looks like the leader of the group. Rumi nodded understanding and turned back towards the elevator, she pressed her id and walked in as the door opened. The girls stared at her.

"Aren't you all going to get in?" She asked raising her eyebrow. The girls quickly stepped in bowing towards her while thanking her. "Which floor you all are heading to?" She asked pressing on the nine as her own destination.

"The third floor, please." Rumi nodded and pressed on the three making it glow blue.

"You should inform your manager."

"De?" The leader looked at her in question.

"That you have gotten on the elevator. He might get worried, noticing you all gone." Rumi answered causally pulling out her handphone surfing through it. After yesterday's party she had received lots of text and calls from Hyun, for God knows what reason. She hadn't been in right mind so she had ignored those, deciding to talk with him later when she was sane.

"Ah, ye, ye." The leader nodded pulling out her own handphone. "I'll text him-" She was cut off with sudden jerk of elevator as screams filled the elevator. Rumi grabbed on the handle behind to stable herself. The elevator finally came to stop, lights gone drowning the girls and her in darkness. If the screams didn't made her deaf then the grip on her body definitely suffocated her.

"Girls, calm down. The elevator has come to stop." Rumi assured the girls.

"Yedera, calm down." The leader spoke again assuring the girls. She had turned on the flash on her handphone lighting up the darkness in the elevator. The girls had grabbed on each other except for one. "Seo Yeon-ah..." The leader called. "Let go of..."

Rumi held up her hand before moving it and wrapping it around Seo Yeon who had attached herself to Rumi. The poor girl was shaking. Rumi started patting her back lightly. "Gwenchanayo. I am here." Rumi whispered patting her back. Seo Yeon stopped shaking but her grip didn't loosen.