Chapter 20 | Rage

20 | Rage

"Isn't all that rage so ugly? And isn't it mine, still? Good God, isn't it mine?"

- Ashe Vernon

"Jab, jab, right"

"Jab, jab, right".

Bruce had finally started his fighting lessons. He had his gloves on and tried to attack Alfred in the garden behind the Manor. However, having Lilith attacking him from behind was making his defense impossible. The boy had grasped the 'jab, jab, right' concept that Alfred taught him, but after that, the task got harder.

"Duck, Bruce".

He tried to do as Lilith said, but it was all going too fast. He attacked Alfred but then would receive a punch in the head from both Alfred and Lilith. It was frustrating.

"Get your guard up," Alfred warned him. "I'll knock lumps out of you. Watch your feet".

"And don't forget to duck," Lilith reminded, positioning her hands back up. "Again".

"Right. Jab, jab, right," Alfred repeated.

Bruce did as they told him to and was finally able to duck away from the two punches. "I did it!" He exclaimed, happy with his accomplishment.

"No, you didn't". Bruce felt Lilith's foot hit the side of his right leg and the next thing he knew, he was falling. She wrapped her arms around his torso and Bruce was back on his feet. "You're not watching your feet".

Bruce sighed in frustration. "How can I do that when I'm being attacked on both sides? The time I try to get past you, Alfred will punch me".

"And you think that when you have to fight multiple enemies, they're just gonna wait for you to hit them one at a time?" Asked Lilith with a smirk on her lips. "Again".

Bruce repeated his attacks on Alfred and immediately ducked to avoid both fists. He succeeded. Then he quickly jumped over Lilith's foot as it passed under him.

"Very well, Bruce!" Lilith praised and smiled when she saw him so proud of himself.

The following try, he failed, not being able to make past the 'jab, jab, right'.

"Keep that guard up," Alfred reminded.

They repeated it again and again. Two out of three, Bruce was able to jump over her foot. He was getting better and it gave him the strength to continue his training.

Lilith noticed movement in the corner of her eye and turned to see a girl leaning against the door. Her eyes were light green and her dark blonde curls barely reached her shoulders. Her pale skin with pink cheeks reminded Lilith of a porcelain doll. Her jacket and boots were all made of black leather.

 Her jacket and boots were all made of black leather

Devil in me || Harvey Dent || GothamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara