Chapter 2

When I awoke from my nap, it was dark outside and we still had yet to arrive at our destination.

I stretched my arms and rolled over. Tristan was exactly where I had left him. He was still playing in my hair, a small smile on his face.

"How long was I out?"

"Three hours."

"And you didn't go to sleep?" I asked him in surprise.

Even though he never voiced it out loud, he was just as tired as I was. I don't know what he did for his bachelor party with Miko, Angel, Marcellius, and Javier, but I think he had fun.

He shook his head. "I'm not tired."

"How was your bachelor party last night?" I asked, wanting to not only strike up a conversation, but voice the curious thoughts swirling around in my head.

"Fine," he replied in a monotonous tone. He was always so good at hiding his emotions whenever he felt it necessary.

"What did you do?"

"There weren't any strippers if that's what you're asking."

I believed him.

A grin slowly formed underneath the stubble threatening to hide his plump pink lips. "But if you must know, we went hunting."

"Like for animals or..."

"Don't worry about that," he dissmissed with ease.

I wanted to question him further, but was afraid my next guess would be correct. So I pushed it to the back of my mind.

"Now tell me, how was your party?" He asked, deciding to question me just as I had him.

"Fine."

"Just fine?" He questioned with a raise of his brow. "So the strippers you had were just fine?"

Busted.

My cheeks reddened just a tinge and I failed to keep the stammer creeping into my voice as I spoke. "N-No, of course not. What I meant was-"

Fuck.

Tristan was probably going to track down the strippers we had at my party and kill them without so much as a second thought.

If he hadn't done so already.

"I didn't let them touch me. I told GiGi you'd be pissed. I even tried getting them to leave." I was rambling on and on, remembering all the times Tristan's possessiveness pushed him over the edge- both intentional and unintentional.

"I know."

"You know?" The surprised expression on my face quickly dissipated when I remembered who I married.

Of course he knows.

"Don't worry, I didn't kill them." I sighed with relief. "Though I definitely thought about it." My heart rate went back up until he said, "but I promised to work on my temper. And besides, I trust you."

"Who the hell are you and what did you do with my husband?"

I was in shock.

I know that he has been working on himself for the past couple of years. I've seen the progress. But I guess it's still taking awhile for me to process this new and improved version of him.

"Don't get your hopes up too much. I know where they all live should I ever decide to change my mind."

I wanted to laugh, but I knew he was being serious.

"If you already knew about the strippers, then why didn't you say anything?"

"There was nothing that needed to be said. I knew the idea had to be that annoying ass friend of yours."