Chapter 37

We thought it would be a good idea to get the boys out of the house for a while. So Tristan and I spent the entire day with them.

They had us all over the place. First, we took them to the park and let them run around the playground. Then we took them to get pizza. Tristan wouldn't stop complaining about how bad American pizza was and that the pizza in Italy was better.

After that, we decided to spend some time with Miko and Ebony. We let the boys play in Dominic's room, so we could have some alone time without the children present.

Tristan kept eyeing my drink. Ebony made us some cocktails and this was my second glass. I was doing fine, but Tristan didn't want me getting drunk and acting like a horn ball around the kids.

All I did was touch his thigh and he was snatching the glass away from me. "Okay, that's enough." Tristan finished off the rest of it before I could attempt to snatch it back. "Drink water from now on."

I rolled my eyes, still feeling pretty good but knew that two glasses were enough. Even though we had Cyrus drive us, Tristan was right to limit the amount of alcohol we consumed.

"So," I said, turning my attention to Ebony. "Have you thought of any baby names?"

Ebony was six months pregnant. The Fierri family just keeps growing. First, it was Rosalie, and now Ebony. The fertility of this family never ceases to amaze me.

She looked at Miko and smiled before answering. "Yeah, we have. If it's a boy we were thinking of naming him Maximilian after Miko's father. And if it's a girl, Selene after his mother."

"Awww. I love it." Tristan told me what happened with Miko's mother. He was just a boy when his mother was killed. As a mother, I can't imagine going through what she went through.

"Speaking of babies," Ebony said, rubbing her belly. "Please tell me you two are planning to have another. Mateo is just the cutest."

I chuckled nervously. I knew the question was coming and still I wasn't prepared for it.

"I've been working on getting my salon ready, so kids aren't exactly on my to-do list at the moment."

"Oh, yeah that's right. I can't wait for it to open. I've been thinking about getting my hair braided again. It's been a while."

The two of us began to converse about hair and the renovations being done at the salon. Miko and Tristan ended up disappearing and I had a feeling smoking was somehow involved.

I don't remember how or when the conversation changed but we began talking about our kids. We were laughing about the prank Mateo and Gianni pulled on Tristan the other day when I felt Tristan's hands on my hips.

"It's getting late," he whispered. "You ready to go?"

I could smell the cigar smoke on him. I used to hate it but now, oddly enough, I'm starting to like the smoky smell on him. Then I'd catch a whiff of cinnamon and get all turned on.

"Mhm. Go get the boys."

He kissed my neck and stepped away. Ebony, who had been watching us from the opposite end of the couch, had a bright smile on her.

"What?" I questioned with a sheepish smile, blushing and grinning like a schoolgirl from ear to ear.

"You two have come a long way. I mean, you two are still crazy, but I admire the love between you two."

Miko nodded in agreement. "It's truly amazing to see Tristan so... tame."

I laughed at that. "He still has his moments."