Chapter 35

Tristan's POV
I couldn't sleep. I rolled over in bed and stared at the empty space where Sienna usually sleeps. I understand she's pissed at me, but for once, can she be on my side?

Angel broke the rules. It didn't matter that I cared about him. It didn't matter what kind of relationship we had because it flew out the window as soon as he pursued my sister.

I don't care who my sister falls in love with as long as it's not someone who works for me. And she knew that. She knew exactly how I felt and still, she went behind my back.

Unable to sleep, I got out of bed and went downstairs. Sleep hasn't been on my side in days. I've been too stressed about the shit with Shäfer. And now all the women in the house are pissed at me. I just can't catch a break.

I paused in the living room when I see Sienna. She's asleep on the couch, Loki curled up in a ball near her feet. Loki's green eyes open, staring at me cautiously as I approach him and Sienna.

He just watches me as I brush Sienna's hair from her face. A smile surfaces. Even when she's pissed at me, she's the most beautiful woman in the world.

I shake my head down at her, before removing the blanket and lifting her into my arms. I can't believe she thought I'd let her sleep on the couch.

Carrying her upstairs to our room, I laid her down gently on her side of the bed. She stirred in her sleep as I covered her with the blanket and kissed her forehead.

I then left the room, leaving her to get her rest, and went back downstairs. Loki was exactly where I left him, the little pussy cat shedding follicles of black fur onto my couch.

Despite having taken my allergy medicine, I could still feel a sneeze trying to claw its way to the surface.

I contemplated shoving him off but then decided against it because I wasn't in the mood to get my face clawed at.

So instead, I stepped outside for a cigar break. I sat on the steps with a Cuban between my lips, watching the stars light up the sky.

I sighed, thinking about my sister. She told me she hated me and wished I wasn't her brother. She's never said something like that to me ever. I grabbed my chest, still feeling the burn of her words.

Blowing smoke into the air, I heard footsteps behind me. I looked over my shoulder as Cyrus walked out and took a seat beside me.

I offered him my cigar but he shook his head in refusal. "Trying to quit."

Sienna's been trying to get me to quit, but I have no intention of quitting. With all the shit constantly going on in my life, I need access to my cigars at all times.

"Tell me the truth, Cyrus. Is how I handled the situation wrong?"

Besides Angel, Cyrus was the only one I let speak his mind around me. He's still cautious with his words, of course, but has more freedom than the rest of my men.

"Yes and no," he answered honestly.

"You reacted exactly how I thought you would. Besides, Angel broke one of your rules. He knew what the consequences would be and he still did it anyway."

That's the part that confuses me the most. He knew that I would be pissed. He also knew that the result of breaking one of my rules was death.

"But?" I questioned, feeling one come on.

"But Angel would never hurt Katya. It's clear that the boy is in love with her."

He's so in love that he was willing to cross me and risk his life. Angel's always been super loyal to me. He's never given me a reason not to trust him.

Until now...

If I allow him to come back and be with my sister, then the others will think they can fuck me over and not have to face the consequences. And if that happens, I'll end up with a bunch of power-hungry Rafaeles.

"There's something I think you should know," he said, his tone of voice causing me to look him in the eye.

"What?" I asked, my brows knitted together as I stared at him.

"Don't freak out, but Sandrino overheard some... interesting news." Cyrus swallowed. "It appears she and Angel are married."

"What?"

There was that feeling again. Anger. My hands were balls into a fight so tight that my nails dug into my palm.

"She's also pregnant. About seven weeks."

I took a deep breath, trying my best to keep it together. I didn't want the boys to see me lose my shit again.

"Why the fuck are you telling me this?"

"Because you know what it's like to be in love. And you also know what it's like to miss out on the chance to be a father."

"Fuck," I grunted in anger. He was right. "I shouldn't have asked you shit."

"I'm not asking you to change your mind overnight, but to at least consider it. Angel most likely doesn't know, just like you didn't. And you remember how you felt when you learned you had a child and missed out on the first couple of months of his life."

Learning I had a son out there in the world who didn't know I existed hurt my soul. Especially because I missed out on his birth.

"Think about why Katya kept it from you in the first place."

"Choose your words wisely, Cyrus," I warned.

He chuckled lightly. "I'm just saying capo(boss), you aren't the easiest to talk to."

"I'm not that bad, am I?"

Cyrus glared at me as if my question had been the stupidest question he'd ever heard.

Which it might have been. I know I have a bad temper. I also know I can be very controlling, but I've been working on it.

He slapped my shoulder before standing to his feet. "Katya deserves to give her unborn child the life you two never had. Goodnight," he said with a tight-lipped smile before going back into the house.

With my cigar resting between my index and middle finger, I placed my head into my hands and sighed. "Damn it." I knew I shouldn't have talked to that fucker.