TWENTY-SEVEN.

"When you're in love, it's hard to hide the truth,
I know you better than I think I do."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NADIA'S POV:

NADIA'S POV:

Yet again I have been woken up far too early and the first thing to greet me when I wake up is too much noise. I hear a phone vibrating constantly with a string of text messages and some rustling in the background.

I sigh because I really don't want to have to look through Corey's phone like I did with Maddy as I'm scared as to what I may find. I kind of forgot Corey was even here until a couple of seconds ago. I look up to find him by the end of my bed, pacing back and forth.

"Are you going to answer that?" I ask him and he simply shakes his head, continuing with his pacing. "Why?"

"Because I really don't want to leave." Is all he says and he puts his phone on silent, the buzzing thankfully stopping now.

As I stay seated, looking at Corey I see that he is very tense and it can't be all boiled down to the fact he doesn't want to leave. He knows he has to leave anyway as Willem will be back soon and we can't be caught in the same room together. We can be in the same room together of course but Willem will ask questions that neither Corey and I can answer.

"That's not all it is, tell me." I ask, about to move myself out of bed but he puts his hand over my ankle to stop me, knowing I am in too much pain to be moving.

He is still always only looking out for me instead of himself when he is the one very clearly in need. I am used to the pain at this point, I can sit through it for a couple of minutes to be there for Corey as he clearly needs someone.                  

"Penny for your thoughts. Just imagine I do actually have a penny." I speak softly, offering him an imaginary coin. I'm only using this tactic as it works on me everytime he uses it so I hope it'll work on him too.

"My mum has had a fall and she needs me to help her" He vocalises what all the text messages were.

I'm half wondering why he is still here instead of on his way back home and I'm half wondering what is happening with his mum because this sort of stuff happens with her a lot according to Willem.                 

"Can your dad not help her, or does his leg not allow him too?" I ask, hoping I'm not sticking my nose too far into his business. Corey is very private about his family life, even Willem doesn't know what goes on with the Meloche family and he's always around there.           

All I really know about Corey's family is that his dad was an ex-star hockey player but his career was cut short before it even really took off, due to an injury. I know his dad is a drunk, anyone who looks his way whenever he is at Corey's hockey games can see that. He always has a full beer in his hands and spends most of the matches walking to and from the bar, instead of watching his son's performance.