FOURTY-FIVE.

"Even though my life before was tragic,
Now I know my love for her goes on."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

COREY'S POV:

COREY'S POV:

I have been sitting downstairs on the sofa for a few hours now, feeling sorry for myself. Nadia wouldn't talk to me when everyone left because I was cold towards her when I got here.

I didn't mean to be like that, I just didn't know how to act around her in front of her family. I didn't want to be too different towards her than what I usually am but then Willem would end up questioning it.

I sigh and make my way upstairs to check on her. She has probably been asleep this whole time because I know for a fact she hasn't been sleeping great lately. I open her door quietly and see her sleeping frame with hair sprawled all over her pillow. I walk in, checking that she still has water left in case she needs it and I just look down at her.

It would be really awkward if she were to wake up right now.

I look at her and how peaceful she looks and tuck her messy hair behind her ear as I know how much she hates waking up with messy hair because it is a nightmare for her to brush. I kiss her delicately on her forehead and something inside of me switches, feeling like everything is finally falling into place.

I love this girl. I think that I always have but it's all clicking to me now because of how peacefully beautiful she looks in front of me. I take a step back away from the bed as I feel so overwhelmed with all the feelings consuming me. I've always been attracted to her but I've also known she would grow into someone even more beautiful, and she has.

I feel the air around me suddenly become thick, making it difficult for me to breathe, so I leave her room, closing the door behind me in an effort to put as much distance between us as I can.

I release a long breath when I get downstairs as I feel like I can finally breathe clearly again. I feel myself beginning to get hungry and I know that Nadia wouldn't have had anything to eat all day so I look in their kitchen for what I can make for us. I rarely cook when I am at home as my brother usually does the cooking, so I have a feeling that whatever I am going to make won't taste the best. I would order something in but I feel guilty for using Samantha's card and I need to keep on my meal restrictions due to training.

I boil the kettle and find some pasta and sauce so I can make that, as it is fairly simple to do. You can hardly ever go wrong with pasta, but I am the type to. I once made pasta a couple of months back because I was starving and everyone else went out to eat without me as it was a late training day, so I made myself pasta. I ended up forgetting that the pasta was in the saucepot and so I didn't stir it so it caused it all to be stuck to the bottom of the pan when I finally remembered I had it in there.

I sit on the sofa and send a text to Willem asking if they have got there safely yet but he doesn't send a reply straight away, so he is probably fast asleep. I'm confused as to why they decided to go away now, since Nadia is recovering from surgery and all. I'm not complaining because it means that I get to have some time alone with her without the watchful eyes of her brother. I don't know why they are going away or where they are going, I just hope that it is somewhere Nadia wouldn't have loved to go to. I know how much she feels left out now and this couldn't have helped so if she ever decides to come downstairs and talk to me, I will try and help her forget about them leaving her here when she is in a vulnerable state.

I put my legs up and lie on the sofa, closing my eyes slightly, basking in the silence. My house is never quiet as I have two siblings who tend to make a racket when they are in their rooms. My sister plays her music as she reads and she doesn't know what the word quiet means and Ed likes to have sex with his boyfriend multiple times a day.

It's disgusting to listen to so we have to make noise around the house, or go out in an effort not to have to listen to it. But, I can't blame the guy.

"Why do you have your dirty shoes on our sofa?" I shoot my eyes open as Nadia's weak voice startles me as I didn't hear her come downstairs. I look at her and see her with a crutch, telling me all that I need to know about how she's feeling so I won't ask her.

"It's more comfortable having my feet up." I flash her a grin, causing her to roll her eyes in response.

"You can put your feet up, just take your shoes off." She orders, walking up to me and pushing my legs off the sofa when I don't make a move to take them off.

"Are you going to take them off for me as well, sweetheart?" I ask, cocking my head to the side and she narrows her eyes at me.

"You can get to fuck." She grunts, making me let out an amused chuckle and her face lights up. I love watching her reaction to the things I do. Her face is so expressive without her even realising it. She cannot hide how she is feeling no matter how hard she tries to and I pretend not to notice, but I always know. I can read her like a book, a book where I open her up, she takes me to another place entirely.