FOURTY.

"Hell is right around the corner,
But I'll forgive the world as long as it has you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

COREY'S POV:

COREY'S POV:

"You need to hurry up, or we are going to get caught," I say as we walk towards Nadia's house. "Right, that's it."

I know that she can't walk very fast and that it's hurting her so after I say those words I'm lifting her up over my shoulder in a smooth motion, as if she's a teddy bear. "Corey, what the hell?" She lets out a laugh and I cover her mouth so that she doesn't make too much noise that it draws attention to us. I don't want anyone else to know what we have, I want to live in this moment with just the two of us.

Me and my girl.

"Shh Nadia, you'll get us caught." I whisper playfully and she lets out a small giggle and my insides turn to mush.

Liking someone so much is such a weird feeling, it's like it alters your brain completely. Everything that girl does is something I notice. She feels completely alone in what she's going through and utterly invisible, but little does she know that I see her even when no one else can.

The girl comes off as strong but I know that when she's alone she's crying out to the darkness in pain and wondering why this is happening to her. Something I think about a lot is why. Why do bad things happen to good people, people who have a promising future and live a happy life. No one deserves to go through what that girl is going through but Nadia is the one person who deserves it the least out of everyone. She's worked so hard to get to the position she is in today but now it all seems pointless.

Everyone tells her that she should just carry on with her skating but I understand her and I know she physically and mentally can't. Alongside my mother, she is the strongest person I know and it baffles me how everyday she can put a smile on her face to pretend to be the old her.

Nadia is a damaged person but she knows how to fucking love and she inspires me everyday to do better, to be better.

I walk us into the house, knowing that her parents will be in bed by now and close the door behind us quietly. They have given up waiting for Willem to come home as they have been so tired lately and I can't help but feel that Nadia is blaming it on herself.

"Willem won't be back for a while, I think he's with Ava." I smirk and she gags at the thought of what her brother could be up to right now.

"That's disgusting." She comments, starting to release her grip on me so she can jump down, but I tighten my hold on her so she can't move and then I carry her upstairs to her room.

When we get to her room I lay her down on the bed so she's comfortable and kiss her on the forehead before I make a move to leave. I don't particularly want to leave but I know that if I stay now I will never want to go.