𝐢. the losers club

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act i . . .
     change in perspective

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ONE ,
───── ❛ the losers club

  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  ONE , ───── ❛ the losers club   ❜

PERCY JACKSON WAS a total loser. He never payed attention in class, always got in trouble over his skateboard, and couldn't even keep his hair neat for longer than ten minutes. But it was okay, because his friends were losers too.

Grover Underwood was his best pal, even if he wasn't anybody else's. You could never catch him without a beanie or hoodie on his head, his clothes always layered with jackets on top of aforementioned hoodies. And oh yeah, there were the crutches that hateful preteens and teenagers would pick as their favorite thing to bully a crippled boy over.

And finally, there was always Laurie. A sweet and rather quiet girl with probably the worst case of dyslexia you've ever seen. Her face was littered with discoloration and blemishes that she utterly despised, and she never went outside without wearing her worn out converse. Her hair was dark brown with hazel highlights that she swore up and down weren't blonde and never would be. She also had this one hair clip that you'd never see her without. If it wasn't in her hair, it was pinned on the side of her bag, and Percy was pretty sure if it ever broke she'd hold it a funeral.

Speaking of the trio, they stood in the Metropolitan Museum of Art with their classmates, Percy's eyes wandering around aimlessly as his two friends listened attentively to what their teacher explained. Laurie loved Greek mythology while Grover simply had nothing else to preoccupy himself with and therefore was left with nothing to do but listen.

Percy felt a hand lightly slap against his shoulder as he was gazing at the ceiling, pulling his attention away and towards the brunette who had delivered it. Laurie pointed at Mr. Brunner, who'd called the boy's name without him hearing thanks to his lack of attention.

He quickly snapped his eyes over and sputtered a quick apology, finally listening when the man asked him a question. A question that he definitely didn't know the answer to.

His green eyes flickered down to his brunette friend, who looked away from him as if to say 'don't look at me.'

"I'll give you a hint, you both have something in common." Brunner told him, seeing Percy's struggle as he mindlessly stared at the picture on the wall. It took lots of hard thinking and awkward silence but finally, the answer came to him.

"Um . . . Perceus." He answered finally, rubbing the back of his neck. Brunner flashed him a smile, stating, "Correct."

The class moved along to the next piece, Laurie, Grover, and Percy sticking close to the back of the group as they usually did. The Jackson boy felt a tap to his shoulder, turning his head to find what he'd expected to be Grover, as his algebra teacher.