𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. uh oh, i'm falling in love

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
if clarity's in death . .

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-THREE,
───── ❛ uh oh, i'm falling in love

warnings! violence, blood, strangulation, & death!! i'm being so srs, this first part is kinda intense

& death!! i'm being so srs, this first part is
kinda intense...

THE SCENT OF salt and the sea used to be one that Laurie adored. It reminded her of Long Island Sound and the rare tranquility that could be found on the beach of Camp Half-Blood even in the midst of the demanding day-to-day life. But after four months on the Princess Adromeda, her love for it had faded and been replaced by repulsion.

She stood on deck before a gaggle of monsters that she knew were the day's training victims, her target practice. Apparently, today was some big day for her, as Luke had put it.

With a click-clack against the wooden deck, Luke appeared, a half-lion, half-scorpion monster following in his wake. Speak of the devil.

"Dr. Thorn, I'd like you to meet one of our greatest soldiers: my sister, Laurie." He said proudly, gesturing a hand out to the younger girl and presenting her as if she were some kind of a trophy on display.

Laurie ground her teeth together silently, forcing her expression to remain stagnant as she bit down on her words of rebellion and swallowed them.

She had to keep pretending if this was going to work, she reminded herself. If she was going to make it off of this ship alive, she had to play along with Luke's insane ideas.

"Greatest soldier? That is a little girl." Said the monster, eying Laurie up and down and summing her up to nothing more than a rose without any thorns.

"I can assure you, she's more than meets the eye." Luke grinned, a sight that his stepsister had grown to recognize as a bad sign.

"Let's show him what you've got, hotshot!" The son of Hermes called over to Laurie, taking a step back and gesturing for Dr. Thorn to do the same as they cleared the floor for the girl's performance.

"Bring it on." Laurie remarked, pulling her best malicious smile as Luke tossed her a sheathed sword. Immediately upon catching it, she drew the sword, eying the enclosure that held two hissing dracaena and an empousai with wildly long blonde hair.

The gate to the cage fell open and all three of the monsters charged forward at once.

Laurie zeroed in on the dracaenas first, always finding them easier to deal with. The first one was easy; she struck first and hit the scaly woman in the center of the leg, sending her into an explosion of dust.