𝐢𝐯. experience ≠ skill

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act i . . .
     change in perspective

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FOUR ,
───── ❛ experience ≠ skill

     IF THERE WAS one thing Laurie hated about Camp Half-Blood, it was the stupid quests

IF THERE WAS one thing Laurie hated about Camp Half-Blood, it was the stupid quests. She'd been on only one before and that was enough to suit her for her entire lifetime.

Alas, Chiron and apparently the oracle seemed to have something else in mind. Whether she liked it or not, she found herself standing on top of Half-Blood Hill with Percy, Annabeth, and Grover, all clutching bags over their shoulders packed ready for a venture to the underworld. Of course, the daughter of Athena was practically bouncing on her toes excited.

The camp's activities director said that the quest would bode well for Laurie, getting her back on the good side of certain gods and giving her a chance at redemption from her past quest experience. She didn't think that second part was possible. Besides, she didn't need his help to be reminded of her failures.

The four quest-goers were readying themselves to get into the camp's van— driven by the head of security, Argus— but stopped at the sound of footsteps. Luke came clamoring up the hill, carrying a pair of sneakers in his hands.

"Hey! Glad I caught you guys." He said, panting from his run across camp. "Just wanted to tell you good luck, and thought maybe you could use these."

He offered the pair of shoes out to Percy, who took them and found that they didn't look any different than a regular pair of shoes. That was until Luke called, "Maia!" and the shoes sprouted wings.

"Awesome!" Grover awed.

"They served me well on my last quest . . Gift from Dad. Of course, I don't use them much these days, so I figured they might do you some good." He told Percy, his expression falling slightly.

"Hey, thanks man." The boy told him, unable to think of  something else more meaningful to say. He wanted to, he just couldn't come up with anything. 

"Listen Percy, a lot of hope's riding on you," the older boy told him. He looked uncomfortable, maybe even distraught. "So, just kill some monsters for me, okay? And take care of hotshot here, don't want her getting into anymore trouble than needed."

Laurie rolled her eyes at the nickname and as he reached out and ruffled the hair on her head, a groan leaving the girl as she told him to knock it off. Instead, he opened his arms wide and squeezed her in a farewell hug.

He shook her in his arms before releasing her to add more annoyance, and then moved on to give Annabeth a friendly hug. She squeezed her arms around his torso in return, her face turning the colors of the strawberries in the field.