𝐯𝐢. can they see right through me?

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ⌇˚ɞ act i . . .
change in perspective               

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  SIX ,
───── ❛ can they see
right through me?

  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  SIX , ───── ❛ can they see right through me? ❜

      THAT NIGHT WAS absolutely miserable. They'd set up camp in a clearing in the woods that was littered with trash that varied from squashed cans to cigarette buds. The air was cold, the only thing keeping them from freezing being stolen blankets from Medusa's lair. 

They didn't dare to light a fire out of fear of attracting yet another monster to their exhausted forms, so they opted for circling together in the darkness of the night.

Annabeth was curled up under a blanket, her head rested on the makeshift pillow that was her hands. Soft snores fell from her lips as exhaustion kicked in and took her over instantly.

Percy, who'd volunteered to take the first shift at keeping watch leaned against a tree and twirled Riptide between his fingers, a blanket across his lap as he listening as Grover ( who was supposed to be asleep ) told him the tale of Pan, the god of the wild. He listened intently to the explanation of his friend's grandest life goal— to find the great Pan so that he may restore nature to its natural beauty.

Laurie should've been asleep as well, but she wasn't. She lied on the ground to the left of Percy, a small cushion manufactured out of daisies underneath her head. Her back was turned to the boys as they spoke, believing they were the only two awake. Her eyes were closed but that didn't make the darkness any less terrifying to her, nor did it bring sleep any faster.

Her entire body froze up when the boys' conversation shifted from Pan to Annabeth. She felt a small pin strike her heart when Grover told Percy not to be so hard on Annabeth because she'd had a hard life and the boy's response was, "What's Laurie's excuse then?"

She wanted to sit bolt upright and slap a hand over Grover's mouth when he let slip that she'd gone on a quest a year ago, one that didn't end the way it should've.

Their conversation then shifted again, to the main focus of their journey: the quest.

Grover told Percy about how odd he, Annabeth, and Laurie had found the Fury's behaviors back on the bus and even back at Yancy Academy, how they almost seemed like they wanted information out of Percy instead of his head.

Laurie found her interest at its pique when Percy admitted, "I'm not doing this to help my father. He doesn't care about me and I don't care about him. I agreed to go to the Underworld so I could bring my mom back."

"Look Percy, I'm not as smart as Annabeth or confident as Laurie and I'm definitely not as brave as you. But I'm pretty good at reading emotions. You're glad your dad's alive. You feel good that he claimed you, and part of you wants to make him proud. That's why you mailed Medusa's head to Olympus. You wanted him to notice what you've done." Grover examined.