𝐱𝐢𝐯. 186 days later

ੈ。゚ ・ׂׂ ✩ RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
if clarity's in death . .

· 。゚ *.  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FOURTEEN,
───── ❛ 186 days later

" 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄 "

" 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄 "

186 days later . . .

         IN THE GRAND scheme of things, six months really wasn't a long time. It was just a small speck on a mile-long timeline, something so minuscule that nobody ever spared it even a second glance.

But to Laurie Hawthorne, six months was almost the difference between life and death.

In the short spance of time, she'd discovered two things. One: foolery is the best weapon you could ever have ( especially if the ones you're using it on aren't the brightest ). Two? Being a child of the Underworld actually does have its perks.

Foolery was how she'd gotten herself in the current situation, which was freezing her fingers and toes off in the snowy mountains, waiting for a manticore disguised as a military school teacher, Dr. Thorn, to return and unchain her.

Oh yeah, she was chained to a stone pillar with some second-hand handcuffs because she was apparently a "security risk."

As it turned out, not all monsters were as stupid as the leader of Kronos' army, who fell for it hook-line and sinker when she told him she'd finally decided to give in and join their side about three months ago. She was lying, of course, but it was the key to survival, and Luke believed her after only a few simple tests.

Laurie had three words for Kronos' so-called army: what fucking idiots.

Now, months later, she'd been sent on her first ever "field mission", as they called it, though not without supervision.

Laurie was growing impatient, fumbling around with the hair clip that she removed from her hair long ago, ( which she had dearly missed when it was taken from her ) ready to extract her weapon and cut through the stupid cuffs. She had to stay patient though, just until the other demigod arrived, only then could she break free and get rid of the stupid manticore.

The cowardly part of her said to just break free now, take the easy way out and run. But she couldn't leave this kid behind to join the wrong side; nobody deserved to go through what she did.