𝐱𝐱𝐯. history repeats and rewrites itself

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ⌇˚ɞ act ii . . .
      if clarity's in death . .      

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  TWENTY-FIVE,
───── ❛ history repeats
and rewrites itself

          JUST THE SIGHT of Olympus made Laurie's skin crawl with old memories and fears

     JUST THE SIGHT of Olympus made Laurie's skin crawl with old memories and fears. It had been years since she'd stepped foot in the beatific and regal place, which now felt more like a place of condemnation and judgment. Which it was, by the way.

Behind all the shimmering gold and eye-catching statues, Olympus was where you went to either meet your fate or have your life spared to suffer another day.

The pegasi let the half-bloods down in front of the huge silver gates. Before anyone could even think of how to get in, they swung open on their own.

Their winged chauffeurs flew off into the sky, leaving Thalia, Percy, Laurie, and Annabeth all alone. For a moment, they stood there in silence, regarding the palace before them, the four of them together for the first and last time.

And then, side by side, they walked in.

Resembling the twelve cabins at camp, twelve thrones encircled a central hearth in the shape of a U. All of the seats were occupied by a god or goddess, who were about fifteen feet tall, give or take. Suddenly, the big bad monster army from earlier didn't seem so scary.

The overhead ceiling glittered with stars and constellations, even the new one of Zoe the Huntress running with her bow.

"Welcome, heroes." Artemis welcomed them.

Mooo!

That was when they noticed Grover and the Ophiotaurus.

In the center of the room was a sphere of water, hovering above the ground next to the hearth fire. The creature swam happily about in the magic bubble, swishing his tail around and poking his head out of the sides. Grover knelt at Zeus's throne as if he had been giving a report, but when he saw his friends, cried out, "You made it!"

He made a move to run towards them, but stopped in his tracks when he realized he was turning his back on Zeus. "Go on." The god nodded, and Grover ran forward.

None of the gods spoke. The only sound was the clacking of Grover's hooves against the ground. The hearth crackled.

Thalia and Percy looked at their fathers; Annabeth locked eyes with her mom.

Laurie felt a sudden overwhelming sense of loneliness. She had no parent here to look to in seek of comfort under the scrutinizing gazes of the Olympians. It was winter, Persephone was in the Underworld.

Grover gave the girls big hugs when he met them, and then grasped onto Percy's arms. "Percy, Bessie and I made it! But you have to convince them! They can't do it!"