𝐯𝐢𝐢. the express route to hell

ੈ。゚  ・ׂׂ   ✩  RED ⌇˚ɞ act i . . .
change in perspective               

· 。゚ *. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  SEVEN ,
───── ❛ the express route to hell

       LAURIE QUICKLY DISCOVERED that the Gateway Arch was one thing: absolutely fucking boring

      LAURIE QUICKLY DISCOVERED that the Gateway Arch was one thing: absolutely fucking boring. She couldn't wrap her head around why Annabeth was so overjoyed about it, going on about angels and domes and curves and degrees. The most interesting thing that'd happened since leaving the train was when some old lady in the elevator's little ankle-biter of a dog growled at Percy and he jumped backwards like it was about to pounce on top of him.

She didn't understand a single thing the blonde was saying, yet she was still getting an earful as she gazed out at the gorgeous view from the window, Annabeth seemingly forgotten about their fight as she spouted off fact after fact. 

Grover was glad to see Laurie keeping her frequently hothead cool for at least a little while in order to maybe enjoy at least something during their journey. Percy was sure that they would've stayed there the entire time until the summer solstice if it hadn't been for the museum closing and forcing them out.

The group started towards the elevator as another family and the woman from their previous ride piled in, filling up the space quicker than they could snag a spot. Grover and Annabeth were squashed into the corner with a family of six, smooshed up against the wall. Percy and Laurie tried to join, but were pulled back by the collars of their shirts by the security guard, who told them, "Full capacity. You'll have to wait for the next one."

Grover and Annabeth tried voicing their protests, insisting they could get off and wait with their friends, but the words died as they traveled, sounding more like muffled mumbled remarks as the doors to the elevator closed.

Percy and Laurie were left to stand in silence along with the security guard, a small family, and the same woman from before with her yippy little dog in hand. A thick silence fell over the once rowdy room, only interrupted by the pattering of a child's shoes against the tile, and then by an odd sounding grumble.

Laurie rolled her eyes and nudged Percy in the ribs with her elbow, telling him, "Stop grumbling your complaints and be quiet."

The boy looked at her with a raised brow and responded, "I didn't say anything!"

She opened her mouth to argue back, but there was the sound again. Not a grumble this time, but a growl. And it definitely hadn't come from Percy.

The sound of high-pitched yapping stole their attention, finding the chihuahua they'd been sharing the company of now on the floor, it's angry gaze directed at the two demigods.

"Now now, sonny," chided it's owner. "Does now really look like a good time? We have all these nice people here."

A small boy that stood waiting for the elevator with his parents caught the sight of the dog, excitedly bouncing as he pointed, "Doggie! Look, a doggie!"