Chapter 2

Everard was relaxed.

Everard was placing down bowls, spoons, for Charlie, Oliver, Isabella, and himself, the milk, and a box of cereal on their table. As he finished placing down the items and sitting himself down, he saw Charlie and Oliver come into their dining room, looking like they'd just rolled out of bed, which was the most likely. The two sat down in chairs and started pouring the cereal. As they were starting to eat they heard loud footsteps stomping down the steps of their house. Isabella enters the dining room looking like she just put on clown makeup. She looks around before scoffing,

"Where's the food?" She says acting like a brat. Charlie sighs before facing his daughter.

"This is breakfast, Bella. We have cereal every Monday through Friday." He says before turning back to his cereal. Isabella roles her eyes,

"Yeah, well, I don't," She then turns towards Everard,

"So make me some actual food you useless maid." She said as if she thought she was in control of this situation. Everard looked shocked and ready to cry.

Charlie whips around furious about what she had said "You do not! Ever! Say that to my husband ever again!" Charlie takes a deep breath before saying,

"Go get ready for school I'm driving you there. Isabella was shocked and stormed out of the room and back into her room to pack her bag. Oliver seeing that his father was sad climbed into his lap,

"Papa, no be sad. No be sad, Papa." Oliver said as he held his father's face in his little hands.

"Oh Ollie I'm okay. Papa's not sad don't worry," Everard said. He grabbed Oliver from underneath his legs and stood up. Charlie looked at his husband and stood up as well coming up to his small family, giving them a hug, and kissing Everard.

"I'm sorry about Bella. I'll try and talk to her when I drop her off at school. I'm so sorry about what she said." Charlie said while staring into Everard's eyes.

"It's not your fault Charlie. Stop apologizing for her actions, you've been apologizing for her the whole time she's been here," Everard said sternly before continuing.

"Now I'm going to go upstairs to get Oliver ready and you, my dear, need to get ready for work." He said before going around Charlie and heading upstairs and into Oliver's room.

"Papa! I'm I staying with Uncle Billy today?" Oliver said while looking up towards Everard. Everard smiled at his son,

"Yes Uncle Billy is going to watch you until I pick you up after work, Is that ok?" Oliver quickly nodded quickly while trying to escape his father's grasp. Everard put Oliver down, he rushed towards his drawers he get his clothes on. Meanwhile, Everard took his son's backpack and packed a bunch of toys and a couple of comfort items. Oliver, unfortunately, suffers from separation anxiety, they had to have Oliver around Billy and Jacob Black for almost seven months before Oliver agreed to play with Jacob alone and stay with Billy while his parents were at work. Even though, he did cry the first couple of times Everard dropped him off at Billy's house. So now he always packs comfort items to make sure he doesn't have any breakdowns.

"Ollie are you finished getting dressed?" Everard said before turning around to face his son. Oliver was grinning up at his father.

"Yep! Wet's go1 Wet's go!" Oliver grabbed his father's hand and dragged him down the stairs towards the door. They saw Charlie standing back up from putting on his shoes and Oliver dragged his father towards his dad.

"Dad! Dad! Kissy kissy! Me and Papa want kissy bwefore you weave!" Little Ollie said jumping up and down in front of his dad. Charlie smiled down at his son and picked him up and kissing him all over his face. Oliver was giggling. "Daddy nooooo! That tickles!" Charlie smiled at his son before putting him back down and kissing his husband. Isabella came down the stairs scowling at her stepfather and stepbrother.