Chapter 7

Charlie was feeling like shit.

The day had started great, this morning his husband was in a good mood which is always amazing because he fully lived by the motto "Happy wife, happy life" and yes even though he has a husband he still considered it the same thing and to top it off, after Bella got out of school she phoned him to tell her she was going to Port Angeles to help her friends shop for dresses.

He was happy she was finally going out with the friends she made.

Around 4:30 pm an hour and a half before he clocked out he received a phone call reporting that Waylon, one of his friends in high school, had been found dead in his boat. He was told that Carlisle would be examining the body and determining the cause of death.

But Charlie knew, as soon as he saw his friend being placed on the table in the morgue, that at least two or more vampires had done this.

He could see at least two bite marks and it looked as pale as the Cullens, if not paler.

He waited until 5:00 pm, when it all finally sank in, to call his husband.

He told him that Waylon was dead and that he needed him.

As soon as he said those words Everard hung up the phone after saying that he was on his way.

Everard, not expecting the call, was at home preparing dinner. After he hung up on Charlie Everard called his little Ollie down Everard crouched down in front of his son, who had just entered the kitchen, and said,

"Oliver, I need you to pack an overnight bag with clothes and your items, okay? Can you do that for Papa?" Oliver nodded but before he moved questioned,

"Why? Awe we having a sweepowver?"Everard sighed, looking down

"Not exactly, Daddy needs me and his work. So you're going to stay with Uncle Billy and Big brother Jacob. Is that okay?" Oliver smiled up at his father and quickly ran up to his room. Everard stood up, sighing he took off his apron and got his phone out to call Billy. After asking Billy, and him agreeing, they were both on the road towards the Black house.

Quickly pulling up to the house Everard hops out of the car and gets Oliver out as well. Knocking on the door Jacob opens it, like he was waiting for him, and invites the two inside. Everard puts his son down and goes into the living room to talk to Billy privately.

"I'm so sorry Billy. I know this is extremely short notice but Charlie needs me right now and Waylon is dead. You were the only person Oliver trusts enough to be with without me or Charlie there." Billy just nods and smiles up towards his friend's husband,

"It's okay. The most me and the pup were going to do tonight anyway was watch TV. But let me know what happens when you pick him up, Okay? I don't mind if he stays here a few days, if Charlie needs you then stay with Charlie. I got enough toddler clothes here from all my kids that Ollie can borrow okay?"

He puts his hand on Everard's arm and leads him to the door. Everard turns around as he's about to leave and tells Billy he'll call him if Oliver is staying a day or two longer than expected.

After leaving the Black house and driving for a while, Everard makes it to the station and rushes inside. Before making it to his husband's office he runs into his colleague, Carlisle. Everard gives him a tight smile and goes around him. He makes it to Charlie's door and lightly knocks before entering.

"Knock knock..." He spots Charlie, who had his head in his hands leaning on the desk,

"Oh baby," Everard walks over and stands beside him rubbing his back.

Soon after Charlie stands up and brings his husband into a tight hug. Everard noticed his shoulder getting wet but didn't say anything about it.

Only god knew how long they were in that position before Isabella walked in.

"Hey,"

Everard broke the hug choosing to instead stand next to his husband while the two talked,

"Hey" Charlie responded back.

"Dad, I'm really sorry" Everard had questioned why she had chosen those words to say, in his mind those words weren't going to help her father but instead remind him more of his dead friend. And although he was happy she was at least trying to comfort him, it didn't sit right.

"I've known him for more than 30 years," Charlie said as he sat back down looking at his desk. There was an awkward silence for a good bit before Everard decided he had enough.

"Don't worry you're going to find this thing, ok?" he said before continuing to rub his lover's back. Without anyone noticing, Bella rolled her eyes and quickly said,

"Yeah you'll find it." Charlie opened up one of his drawers pulling out a can of pepper spray and gave it to his daughter.

"In the meanwhile I want you to keep this with you." Just as Isabella was going to decline Everard stepped in,

"It'll give your father some peace of mind Bella, please just take it." Isabella took it with a huff. Everard patted his husband's shoulder and said

"Let's go home." They all walk out the room but before Charlie and Everard could leave the building completely a police officer stops them to pay their respects.

As the two of them leave they see Bella standing there not moving and looking at Waylon as he is transported by her. They glance at each other before brushing it off and deciding Isabella should ride with Charlie. They get home and Everard gets Charlie into bed. Half asleep Charlie mumbled out a question,

"Where's my little Ollie?" Everard gave a sad smile.

"Don't worry darling, he's with the Blacks alright." Charlie smiles and kisses Everard,

"Alright, thank you. I really needed you tonight." The couple falls asleep cuddled against each other.