Chapter 12.

Why?

Did she call him to inform us of our horrible parenting? To inform us that Isabella was in the hospital? Or just to blame us for everything bad happening to her daughter?

That was the question on Everard's mind when Renee called Charlie in the middle of the night.

Currently, they were on their way to Arizona to see Charlie's daughter in the Hospital. Apparently caused by our "lack of attention" and "horrible parenting" towards Isabella, said by Renee herself, she ended up failing down two flights of stairs and smashing into and falling out of a window. How that is our fault I will never know.

We decided to leave Ollie with the Blacks in case things got ugly here and we didn't want to mess up our whole routine we have going on.

Edward was also there. Another problem to deal with. Considering he was the reason for her leaving and driving away in the middle of the night.

I hope that Isabella decides that she wants to stay with her mom and stepdad. Who might I say is an absolute gem! I had the chance to talk to him after he took the phone from Renee and apologized for her actions.

After a long drive to Phoenix, Arizona we finally made it to the hospital Bella was in. When we entered we both decided to wait in the cafeteria to be called up to Bella's room by Renee. Soon enough, she came down and said that Bella wanted to talk with us, well with Charlie because apparently I had already infected one person with my "queerness" as Renee so nicely put it.

When Charlie came back down it was with Isabella, who was in a wheelchair at the moment, and Edward, her weird ass boyfriend.

"Renee bring Isabella back with you. I don't think she should stay in Forks after the incident." Charlie said looking Renee in the eyes. I'm happy he is finally deciding to speak up for himself and not cater to everyone else before himself.

"No.".....What?

"What do you mean no?" I asked now also looking at her.

She turned to me.

"No. Isabella wants to stay in Forks to be with Edward. So she stays.".... Who does this b*@#& think she is?

"My living environment isn't stable at the moment. So no."

. . .

We lost. Isabella came home with us. Edward tagged along to keep his girlfriend from being alone.

But something seemed weird with him. More distant towards Bella.

He was actually talking with me and Charlie more and having actual conversations.

It was weird...

Like a switch had flipped in his brain.