Unraveling

*In the slums of Silica City, there would be a competition in what seemed to be a makeshift arena. Two guys would be competing against each other in a brawl about... cars... and one other man overlooking them*

Man: Finish him! Finish him off!

*One of the cars would ram against the other as is explodes, making one of the guys win the match*

Man: Yes! Another one in the bag! Time to pay up Corporate Boy!

Corporate Boy: No, please! You can't take my meta runner arm! I'm nothing without it!

Man: Heh, you're in the low tier, friend! YOU'RE ALREADY NOTHING!

*The "corporate boy" who lost the matched would be dragged out of the arena's center. Then, a guy behind the man would call out some people who were trying to get behind the man*

Guy: Hey! Stop right there!

Sofia: Heeeeeeey Marco! Long time no see!

*Marco would turn around to see Sofia standing behind the guy she was stopped by*

Marco: We'll, If it isn't little miss vigilante hacker herself. What are you doing back here, Sofia?

Sofia: Ah, you know. I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by for some cybernetic implants.

Marco: Again? What happened to the Meta Runner tech you bought from me last time?

*Lamar and Masa, without his arm, would show up behind Sofia*

Marco: Hmm...

Sofia: Marco, these are my friends. Lamar Williams and-

Marco: Masa Shimamoto. So the rumors were true. Lucks' golden boy. Now, just another decommissioned runner slumming it in the low tier.

Masa: I was NOT Lucks' golden boy.

Marco: Pffft please. Back in the day, you couldn't turn a corner without seeing your arrogant mug plastered on some TasCorp billboard.

*Marco would look at Lamar's meta runner arm*

Marco: Ohhhh, that's a nice piece. Twin gauge velocitators with triple system synaptic feedback.

Lamar: Hey, eyes up here man.

Sofia: Eeeh, so Marco. Here's the situation. We need a new arm, but I don't have the money to pay for one this time. Soooo, I was hoping we could enter one of your tournaments and win one instead?

Marco: Sure. You got an entry fee at least?

Sofia: Yeah... I was hoping you could waive our entry fee? Remember, you still owe me for that Luminous Gaming hack I helped you out with.

Marco: Yeah, but you still owe ME for bailing you out back when you were in that mess with the Rolling Cartridge Gang.

Sofia: Oh, yea...