Plans Change

Tari: Lamar? Edwards? Guys, we made it through the back door!

Y/N: Yeah, come on mate, we're done here! Just come back!

Marco: Uh... you two, I don't think they're coming back...

Tari: What do you mean?

*Marco looks to Sofia next to Lamar and Edwards, both with glowing eyes and warped into an unknown place*

Y/N: Marco, what do you mean?!

Sofia: They're vitals are dropping!

*Sofia tried to touch Lamar's meta runner arm and gets shocked*

Sofia: AAAH! I need help here! Come on guys, wake up. COME ON, WAKE UP!

*Lamar and Edwards do wake up. However, they wake up in a different place then they were before*

Lamar: Ugh, what the...

Edwards: Where the hell are we...?

*Lamar and Edwards find themselves in a hall full of meta runners screaming and yelling about what was happening and where they were. Then, a crazed scientist with a familiar voice comes from an opened platform in front of a doorway*

Sheridan: Congratulations, everyone! You are all the first to witness the both of... SHERIDANCORP! And I'm giving you the exciting chance to be among the first meme bets of our team! We've already got our first two headliners. COME ON OUT HERE YOU TWO!

*The said two "headliners" would be Masa and Belle, emerging from the same doorway with emotionless faces*

Lamar: Oh, this ain't good.

Edwards: Damn well not.

———————————————————————————

*A commercial starts playing with a woman in a futuristic blue and white lab coat with the "Shercorp" logo next to her*

Woman: Welcome to SheridanCorp!

Lucks: It's much better than TasCorp!

*The woman uses her hand and throws away Lucks to the side of the screen as she continues speaking in a happy, passive aggressive tone*

Woman: Shut your filthy mouth Lucks, no one ever liked you, and your legacy will go down in ruins! Here at SheridanCorp, we are proud to announce the arrival of our flagship product. Remote Warping Technology! With "Remote Warping Technology", we override the neural feedback sensors in any corporate implant to let you enjoy the wonders of actually being inside the game!

*The woman shows a clip of a man being electrocuted by his meta runner arm and being warped into the game "Ultra Jump Mania"*

Woman: But, we need your help! As our beta testers, data gathered from your performances will allow us to bring this technology to the whole world! And don't worry, we've heard your feedback about massive explosions. Se we've worked diligently to ensure that this new procedure of completely safe (probably). SheridanCorp!