ㅤㅤㅤᶠᵉⁿᶜᶦⁿᵍ

...

  Last night's sleep was a pain, Who the hell growls in their sleep, Walking Into fencing class I followed my sister whilst Someone took off their mask and looked at her, I turned to look at him with disgust.

stopping I watched as a fencer fell to the ground with a grunt "Coach coach she tripped me!" he scrambles to get up "It was a clean strike Rowan"

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck. seriously coach when am I gonna get a real competition"

"Anyone else wants to challenge me?" "she does" I heard my sister say turning to look at me "Huh?"

"Oh you must be the psychopaths they let in" The girl smiled at me "you must be the self-appointed Queen bee. the interesting thing about bees" Wednesday tilted her head

"Pull out their stinger and they drop dead" I continued "Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense he's not hopeless he's just lazy" "Are we doing this or not?"

She put her hand on my back pushing me lightly towards the mat, As I put on the Helmet the smell of iron hit my senses. Putting myself in a position I was desperate to show my sister what I'd learned.

She took the first move going straight for my chest, Pushing her back my breath was heavy. blocking her moves and attacking at the same time, this girl was clearly good at this. I watched as she swiftly changed her stance giving me an open spot.

"Points to Claire," the coach said with his french accent, Not wasting a moment I got up pushing her back making sure my limit was passed. my leg shuffled and I misplaced my stance making her take the blow.

"The score is even" I heard Wednesday sigh making me a little nervous "that first point was clearly beginners luck. let's finish this" she circled around me with a wry smile "for the final point, I'd like to invoke a military challenge"

"no masks no tips," I watch as a small smile crept on my sister's face "Winner draws first blood" all eyes were on me "it's your decision Bianca" "Let's see if you bleed in black and white"

We took our positions again as I threw away my helmet rushing straight at her, Circling around I cornered her making sure she had no space to move, I tried kicking her legs but ended up in a kneeling position where defended myself from the sharp object. Not because I was scared, getting cut was more than okay with me.

going for every opening I had she kicked me, I made sure to stick with my posture and saved myself from the blade, using my blade to push her down. kicking her arms I made sure she was stuck in that position.

she got up giving me a chance to swipe the blade across her face, She swiftly went for my throat. A sharp pain stung my neck as I smiled, "Can't handle losing huh?" She bit her lip as I turned to my sister "You did well" I looked at the scar on my nack wiping the blood off with her fingers.

...

As I sat down Wednesday put a Bandage on my scar, Turning back I saw a boy "Rowan" "We don't have time for small talk" Leaving the infirmary with my sister I touched the bandage she put on me. "Is it Raining?"

She turned to me and opened her umbrella, Walking out I dug out my umbrella in my bag and suddenly I looked up to see the statue fall. Before I could run to her someone pushed her back "Wednesday" I ran towards her "You can get off her now" He awkwardly got off as I placed her hand on my shoulder standing her up. "Xavier correct?"

He nodded "Leave my sister alone creep" as she lay there I leaned back and closed my eyes. not a few moments later her eyes shot open "Welcome back"

"What happened?" "Something almost fell on you," She stared at me "At least I almost had an imaginative death" Wednesday got out of bed "Xavier helped" "Xavier?"

"The kid we saw a few years ago, she was our grandmother's friend and we went to her funeral. the casket kid" She smiled "I loved the part where he was screaming" I nodded "Let us go, I'm really tired"

...

Closing my eyes I was so close to falling asleep to the sound of music and my sister's typewriter, suddenly her bed creaked I looked at her as she got up from her chair pulling off the sheets and showing a familiar hand, "I knew it"

"Hello thing" I heard her say before I stuck my head out to wave at him, He tried running away but failed to grip onto the railings for dear life "Did you really think my highly trained olfactory sense wouldn't pick up on the faint whiff of neroli and bergamot in your favorite hand lotion?"

I smiled not feeling so tired anymore seeing her like this "I could do this all day" putting him on the table she kept her hand on him "Surrender?" He calmed down tapping the table.

"Mother and father sent you to spy on us didn't they?" I leaned on her chair looking at him singing "I'm not above breaking a few fingers the fact that they thought we wouldn't find out just proves how much they underestimates us"

"Oh thing, You poor naive appendage. My parents aren't worried about me they're evil puppeteers who want to pull my strings from afar. The way I see it you have two options."

"Option one" She opened the drawer "I lock you in here for the whole semester," She pushed him into the drawer but he resisted, His fingernails scraping the table. "Or option number 2, You pledge your undying loyalty to us" 

after a while, he knelt down making my sister smile  "Our first order of business is to escape this teenage purgatory"  he tapped "Of course, we have a plan, and it starts now"