THREE. ᶠʳᶦᵉⁿᵈ ᵒʳ ᵂᵒᵉ

chapter three.

 "Let's assess, Shall we?" A bag over my head for optimal disorientation, my Wrist tied to cut off circulation, and no idea if I'm going to live or die. Definitely my kind of party "Who dares breach our inner sanctum?"

"Take the mask off Bianca," My sister said, And just like that my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment. my foe was not a psychotic killer, More like a bunch of high school clowns.

"Mhmm, I preferred you with it on" She gave me a sarcastic smile "How did you get down here?" Xavier said from behind "Rowan showed us" I nodded to my sister "Left pocket, We tracked the watermark to Poe, Then we solved the riddle" 

"Wait there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice" The guy said as they all shook their head "Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" "the nightshades are an elite social club, with Emphasis on elite" Bianca continued "We have roof parties, Campouts, and the occasional midnight skinny dip. 

"and Yoko's an amateur mixologist, She makes a killer virgin mojito, It can get pretty wild" Ajax finished "I'm sorry, Did I ask?" His smile faded as he took a step back 

"Last I heard the nightshades have been disbanded," My sister asked "Yeah, The group kinda lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died, But we have a lot of wealthy alumni so Weems looks the other as long as nobody waves"

"someone like Rowan" Wednesday cut in "We booted that loser last semester, the question is what are we gonna do with them only members are allowed in this library" Xavier looked at my sister, "I say we invite he- Them to pledge" 

"What?" the guy mutters "She is a legacy" He passes the paper nodding at the picture of my parents "After the crap, they pulled in the Poe Cup, There's no way in hell. we talk about making waves, They're a whole ass tsunami"

"Just because we beat you at your own game? let me save you the trouble" She looked at me "We aren't interested in joining" "You're seriously turning us down?"

"Woahhh can you believe it?" She turned to look at the other members "Untie them" I watch as my sister pulled the string up "I freed myself five minutes ago" She said snatching the paper from Xavier.

"Bye" I said getting up and throwing the rope at Ajax, But was stopped by one of the members "You want a matching black eye?" he stepped to the side, Following my sister she stopped midway looking down at them "It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name.

...

I groaned watching my sister stare at the same paper for hours "Wednesday staring isn't going to help" 

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs, at 10 am sharp followed by community lunch at 1:00" I turned around already catching my eye on that one backpack that stands out, Of course, it's pink with a heart "as you know,  this year outreach day culminates in a very special event.

Looking at Wednesday's uniform I wondered whose idea it was to make mine white, "As representatives of our school I trust you all will put your best face forward"

"YES, I got pilgrim world" Enid came out of nowhere "I have natural people skills and the love of performing so it's kinda an obvi choice... What'd you get?"

Taking a peek at my note I squinted at the letters "Uriah's Heap... Whatever that is" "Oh me too" I turned to Wednesday "Ew. It's this weird creepy antique store- You'll both love it though" She turned the other way.

"I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together" I rolled my eyes feeling butterflies in my stomach, Not the good ones. the ones that make you wanna puke in a bad way 

"Wednesday, Claire don't worry about your Instruments, I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon" Wednesday looked at her confused "Our instruments?" "I caught your rooftop serenade the other night, Impressive. I volunteered you to a company the Jericho Highschool marching band at the ceremony."

"I'm sure it won't be too challenging to play an uplifting Fleetwood Mac melody" She smiled "As long as you promise to hang me as a witch afterward, her smile slowly faded.