ㅤㅤㅤˢˡᵃᵘᵍʰᵗᵉʳ

Claire's Pov'

It felt good to be back on my feet, Although my shoulder still hurts a little. Wednesday bandaged it for me last morning and I can say it really hurts.

We were stopped by Bianca who seemed to be in a rush "Come with me, I have information about Mayor Walker's murder" was all she needed to say for us to follow her down to NightWings hideout.

walking down I was met with the familiar boy who brought Enid to the dance and my stance changed completely "Printed these off my dad's computer, seems he was trying to track down someone" 

He handed me the paper "Laurel Gates? Looks like he started right after outreach day" he explained "must have recognized her there"

"According to British police, laurel was presumed drowned. But nobody was ever recovered" The boy continued to explain "The Gates mansion was purchased a year ago by a 90-year-old heiress.

"She then mysteriously died and gave her belongings to her caregiver. Teresa L. Glau" Wednesday read "It's an anagram for Laurel gates" "laurel secretly buys her old house and then comes back to Jericho as someone else, Why?" Bianca asked.

"Revenge on the people she blames for her family's death, Your father" I nodded to him "The corner, My parents. most of all  Nevermore"

"How does the monster fit into all this?" She asked "The monster is a Hyde, It's doing Laurel's bidding" Wednesday explained, "You know who Laurel is, don't you?" the boy next to me asked suddenly.

...

We knocked on the door of our therapist who was pacing around her room "I wanted to return something" I said opening the door.

Giving her the box I watched her reaction closely "I know you are Laurel Gates and you've come back to Jericho to seek your revenge. And so did Mayor Walker which is why you had to kill him" The woman was shocked and scared at the same time.

"I mean who better to slide in and out of the hospital undetected than a psychiatrist under the guise of visiting another patient," I asked "You're not actually accusing me of murdering the Mayor," She said.

"The roses you left in Eugene's room were your mistake" Wednesday continued "the same variety I found in your childhood bedroom" "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about"

"There's only one reason an overqualified psychiatrist like yourself, Would settle in the inconsequential backwater that is Jericho. It allows you to crawl through the troubled, young minds of outcasts until you found the one you can manipulate to exact your revenge" I inhaled a deep breath from that one sentence.

"You know what?" She shook her head "I don't have time to deal with your delusional fantasies I have a patient emergency"

"Who? Xavier?" Wednesday asked "I know all about the secret sessions you've been holding in your car, I also found the cave where you've been holding sessions to unlock his Hyde" her tone changed "You are so out of line"

"Do you know how violently unpredictable a Hyde can be?" Wednesday continued ignoring her statement "It was your plan to have Xavier committed before he could turn on  you too"

"You both need help, More help than I can give you" She pulled out her phone "Who are you calling? Xavier?"

"Judge Reynolds. I'm putting you two into a juvenile psychiatric facility for observation" She said "Oh please, you and I both know We'd be running that place in a week.

as we stepped out of the place she turned to me "Go back to the dorm, You need to rest" She touched my wound almost making me jump "ouch, No I don't"

"You do, Now go before I make you."

...

As I opened the door she was right, My arm started to hurt a lot. But I was met with the sight of a girl that almost, Almost made me forget about my arm "hey," Her voice softened. Oh, how I missed her voice.

"You're back" She smiled walking towards me "I'm gone for a few days, The place gets trashed and you almost died, someone's gotta look out for you two"

"What happened to room with Yoko" I clutched my right arm "Yoko's great, I just decided I needed a few more boundaries" She took out the tape, "Skip the tape"

"Don't tell me Claire Addams is mellowing out" She smiled at me, "Never, More like evolving" She threw the tape to the side holding her arms, "Well, One inch of duct tape at a time"

"Wheres Wednesday" I sighed "Metting Tyler, I seriously don't like that guy" A moment of silence crept onto us "Was my apology enough?"

I remembered the playlist she made me "No," the girl groaned walking towards me "Look, I'm sorry. I was an asshole," "You were"

"I didn't know you felt that way. I thought we were just- Messing around" I raised my eyebrow looking at her unsurprised.

"I thought going out with Ajax would make me feel better but, It doesn't feel too good. I'm just confused about my feelings, My friends told me Ajax would be perfect for me. And I thought so too" She continued while I sat down at my sister's desk.

"Overall?" I asked "Overall I regret everything and I want to apologize" She put her hands together pursing her lips at me, "You're still an ass"

"I know, Can we kiss and make up now?" I was a little taken back but It's Enid what did you expect? Cupping her face I kissed her and for the first time, I forgot about whatever was happening.

She smiled against the kiss putting her hands around my waist before pulling me down to her bed landing with a groan.

...