Chapter 6

-Enid POV-

I had just got back from Ajax's room. We spent the evening in there doing.. stuff. I will admit, he's very sweet, but I honestly don't think he will wanna be with me much longer.

I noticed Wednesday asleep in her bed. Her arms were crossed as though she was in a coffin. She was wearing a familiar zip up jacket. It's not hers, but I've seen in before. I thought for a moment before it clicked. 

OMG. THATS XAVIERS JACKET!!! 

I guess she finally decided to give the poor guy a chance.

I felt weird though. It felt like I'd been stabbed in the chest. It hurt. It almost feels like jealousy. But that can't be it. Wednesday is my friend, I couldn't possibly have romantic feelings for her.

I brushed it off and decided to go to bed. 

-Wednesday POV-

I woke up the next morning, rising from my sleep like I always do. I uncrossed my arms, and stood up out of my bed.

I realized I was still wearing Xavier jacket. I guess this is normal for.. partners. I shrugged and walked to my closet.

I began getting dressed into my uniform. I threw all my clothes into the laundry basket in the corner, keeping the jacket and tossing in on my bed. I walked out and put my shoes on, before grabbing my brush and Chapstick off my nightstand and going into the bathroom.

I combed my hair, braided it, and put on Chapstick. I then fixed my sleeves, and walked out of the bathroom.

I was met with Enid half dressed into her uniform. She hadn't gotten her shirt on yet. We locked eyes, and my face felt hot. I ran back into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I can't believe I just did that. I walked in on my roommate changing. I will never recover from this.

I stayed in the bathroom until I heard Enid's voice outside the door.

"You can come out now!" She yelled. I stood up, walking out the door.

"Sorry about walking in on you like that. I should have confirmed first." I said, checking in the mirror to make sure I wasn't still blushing.

"It's all good! I know you didn't mean to." She said.

I nodded.

"Anyway- who's jacket is this?" She asked, holding up Xavier's jacket.

"It's Xavier's. We got into an official relationship last night." I said coldly, Enid squealed.

"I'm s happy for you! It's about time you found a boyfriend, your way to pretty to be single!" She said, smiling. 

"I don't like labels, but I didn't wanna confuse him so I just said we were dating. Eugene suggested I ask him out, so I did." I said, bluntly.

I took the jacket from her and put it on. It now had a faint sent of her perfume.

"To be honest, I always thought you liked Eugene. You guys always hold hands, go out places together, cuddle, stuff like that." She said, sitting down on her bed to put her shoes on.

"We don't like each other. It's just how we show that we care for one another. We don't have any kind of romance between us, just friendship." I said, putting my hands into the pockets of my 'boyfriends' jacket.

She nodded and got up, grabbing her backpack. 

"Well I gotta go, I'm meeting Ajax!" She said, sprinting out the door.

I frowned, and grabbed my bag, allowing Thing to hop in from where he was on my bed.

I put my bag on, and walked out the door.