Chapter 16

-Wednesday POV-

She slid off my lap, and dusted off her dress. I stood and did the same.

"Ready to go? It's getting a bit late, and neither of us have eaten today." I said, waiting for Enid to step off the blanket before lifting it and shaking it out.

"Yeah, I am hungry. I actually have something in the dorm we can make, I'll show you. Ever had instant ramen?" She asked, putting her backpack on.

"No. What's that?" I asked, folding the blanket and shoving it in my bag.

"It's noodles, but to cook them you pour boiling water on them and cover them with a book for a while. They come with a seasoning packet to put in. I have chicken, beef, and pork flavor." She explained.

"That sounds very artificial." I said, internally disgusted at the thought of something that artificial.

"It is, but it tastes good." She said.

"Is there an Asian market here? I might be able to find ingredients to make rabokki. Then a camping shop, all I'd need from there would be a small electric stove, and a copper pot." I explained, not wanting to eat whatever is in those seasoning packets.

She giggled.

"Yes I actually think there's a locally owned one, but we aren't exactly allowed to keep food or cook wear in our dorms." She said, grabbing my hand and begging to walk us out to the street to wait for the bus.

I followed.

"I'm not stupid Enid. I know you keep a small food chiller and a kettle you attach to the wall hidden. Surprisingly well hidden too." I said, intertwining our fingers, flinching when she began rubbing the back of my hand with her thumb.

"You mean a mini fridge and an electric kettle-?" She asked, clearly confused. 

"I assume those are the modern names for the items, so yes." I said, taking the lead as she was walking very slow.

"Well nonetheless, I'm pretty sure using a whole ass gas stove in our dorm will get us caught. The fir alarm will go off at the least." She said, catching up to match our speeds.

"Then we won't use it in the dorm. We'll go out into the forest and make food. We can cut all the ingredients in our dorm before hand and pack them up into smaller containers. We'll go after hours." I said, cracking a smile, and stopped walking. She looked at me confused, also stopping.

"We could get caught though. I don't wanna get in tr-"

I cut her off, grabbing her fac and pulling her into a kiss. She smiled against my lips before returning the gesture. I pulled away first after about 8 seconds.

"If we get caught, I have no problem with you saying I forced you. They'd surely believe it. I don't want you to get in trouble, but I also don't want you eating whatever is in those packets. I'll cook for you, and take the blame if we're caught. Understand?" I said, still holding her face in my hands. She had her hands over mine on her cheeks. She was flushed red.

"I understand, but I wouldn't want you to get in trouble eith-"

I once again cut her off with a kiss, only this time it was a light.. loving peck. She smiled.

"Understand?" I asked, again.

"I understand." She replied, smiling. I cracked a smile as well.

"Good. Now lets get to the bus. I'd like to go to that market you told me about. I hope I can find the ingredients I need. If not possibly something else to supplement it with." I said, continuing our walk to the bus station. She followed.