Meeting the parents

TW! Mentions of SH, Mentions of Abuse, Angst, CPS

-Wednesday POV-

It is finally the day. Summer break is here. Enid got permission to stay with my family while CPS investigates the case in her home. 

But that means that Enid will be meeting my family. I have given her every warning she could need, but she still insists on meeting them. I'm not worried about them being disgusted that my romantic partner is a girl. I am worried about her being frightened by my family's strange way.

I have informed my family of her arrival, and made sure they know that she is.. different from them. They say its all right, but I am still worried. I hope they approve of her. And I hope she will enjoy them as well. 

I was pulled from my thoughts by Enid tapping on my shoulder. 

"Mon Cher, are you alright?" She asked, a worried look in her eyes.

"Yes, I apologize my angle, I zoned out." I said, standing up and hurriedly checking to make sure I packed everything up. 

"Its all right. But, when will your family be here? They are picking us up, right?" She asked, putting her things onto the trolly they had given us.

"Yes. Well, Lurch is. He is our butler. My mother said they were going to stay home to better prepare for your arrival. Lurch usually cleans the home, but my parents wanted to give him a break." I said, putting my stuff on top of hers.

"Ah, okay. How should I greet him?" She asked.

"He is very formal, so perhaps with just a slight bow, as well as informing him of your name, reason for coming with us, and relationship with me. Just be aware that he only speaks in low groans. I will translate his speech for you." I said, interlocking our fingers reassuringly. 

"Okay! I just hope he approves of me." She said, her voice sounding worried.

"Don't worry. He will." I said, knowing full well he will.

She smiled.

Just then, the new dorm master came in, and informed me of Lurches arrival. 

He walked in behind her, to take our luggage.

"Hello, Lurch." I said, bowing slightly.

He groaned in response. (Hello, little Wednesday)

"Lurch, haven't I told you, I'm not little anymore, I'm 16." I said, jokingly. 

He chuckled in his usual low voice. 

I turned, and noticed Enid standing quietly. I gestured for her to introduce herself. She inhaled deeply.

"Hello! I am Enid Sinclair, Wednesday's girlfriend. I will be joining her and the rest of her family in the home over summer break, as my family is currently facing personal matters, and I need somewhere else to stay." She said, bowing and smiling kindly.

Lurch turned to me, and groaned.

"Yes Lurch, she said girlfriend. I hope you approve of her." I said, raising an eyebrow.

He half smiled, which for him, is a yes. I cracked a smile back to him.

"Well then, let's get to the car, shall we, Cara Mia?" I asked, holding out my hand. She smiled, and took my hand.

We began walking down the stairs, and to the car. Yoko was getting picked up as well. Enid and her said a lengthy goodbye, before Yoko left, before us. 

Lurch opened the back seat of the car, and we slipped inside. He closed the door behind us, and walked over to the driver seat. 

I smiled, and leaned over the seat, honking the horn before he began the drive to our home.