3. Second Life

Mingyu shuddered under the prince's piercing gaze.

"The Emperor asked me to never leave your side. So I have to obey him." Mingyu pouted.

Wonwoo's eyes softened, that puppy like expression brought with it a rush of the memories of six years back that Wonwoo kept trying to forget.

Wonwoo smiled weakly towards Mingyu and started walking in the opposite direction towards his bed. His head started to throb in pain again.

Suddenly a hand grabbed him by the shoulder.
"Are you okay?" Mingyu's concerned eyes looked at Wonwoo's nervously.

Wonwoo felt a sudden nausea rushing over him, he couldn't keep his balance anymore, his head started throbbing violently in pain and his consciousness left his body.

Mingyu held the unconscious body of the prince gently as he carried him towards the bed. He laid the body in a comfortable position deciding to call for the royal physician at once.

Mingyu's thoughts hitched as he took in the soft features of the prince. His soft breaths were strangely calming to Mingyu.

Mingyu always avoided the third prince since he was a child. The prince rarely came out of his room after his mother's death. At that time Mingyu was just 11 years old.
Mingyu grew up playing and training with the other princes but  the third prince, well he always kept to himself cooped up in his chamber painting stuffs.

Mingyu happily joined in on the jokes that the other princes and noble kids made about the 'odd prince' who never showed his face. Some joked that Prince Wonwoo had a hideous face, some assumed of physical deformity, nevertheless everyone believed that the third prince was a hideous person and in order to hide his ugliness he hid himself in his room never allowing anyone besides the emperor, physician and his eunch to enter the room.

Mingyu was kind of excited to finally see the 'hideous prince' of those rumors.

Little did Mingyu know that the prince will have the most breathtaking beautiful face he ever laid his eyes on. Mingyu's eyes traced the whole face of the prince...his sharp nose, the flawless skin, that gorgeous jawline and his eyes lingered on those soft heart shaped lips.

Mingyu stopped breathing for a second, the realization seeped in that the prince just fainted, Mingyu internally cursed himself for getting distracted. He rushed towards the door and asked an attendant outside to call for the royal physician.

After a few minutes the royal physician came hurriedly through the door. Mingyu stopped chewing his nails, relief rushing over him as the physician came inside.

"What happened?"

"He fainted." Mingyu provided.

The physician looked at him questioningly and started to check Wonwoo's temperature and pulse.

"Let him rest a bit. I think staying inside this room all this time is doing the prince no good. Just make him go outside one of these days. The emperor won't even listen to me." The physician shook his head in disappointment.

Mingyu nodded, not knowing what else to do or say.

"Take care of him. And his short term memory loss, keep this a secret. I hope the emperor informed you about this?"