17. Kidult

The golden flecks of the morning sunlight drowned the room in a yellowish hue.

The guards were more alert due to Maehwa's escape attempt last night. The residence was drowned in an air of celebration.

Amidst the hum drum of preparations the air of helplessness inside the room grew thicker as the evening sky swallowed the morning glow.

This reminded Wonwoo of every cult movie he ever saw, even though the situation was totally not on their side, he tried to use the references of those movies.

Jeonghan's glance flickered as he moved towards Wonwoo
"Ya...today we will finally find the man behind all these mysteries. Who do you think it will be?"

Wonwoo pondered for a bit and slid his hands into Mingyu's palm. "I have no idea."

Jeonghan's eyes grew bigger
"Is it Prince Sangwoo?"

"He is a nuisance but I am sure it's not him. It must be someone who was plotting since your mother's disappearance."

Jeonghan took in Wonwoo's confident gaze and whispered "How can you be so sure?"

"It's just a gut feeling."

Seungcheol moved closer to them as Jeonghan pondered "It would be weird if it was the King."

Mingyu couldn't help but chuckle at the crown prince's predictions.
Both Jeonghan and Wonwoo gave him the side eye and continued their banters but all of a sudden Wonwoo gasped
"It makes sense though if it's the New Queen or Prince Iseul."

Jeonghan cocked his brows in surprise
"Aren't you close with Prince Iseul? And why would the Queen allow a huge investigation about the disappearance case if she was involved?"

Mingyu noticed Wonwoo's grave expression and moved closer to him. Wonwoo sighed as he took in those droopy raven eyes and responded
"I am so lost at this point."

Seungcheol spoke up for the first time since last night. He had a sleepless and restless tone "All we can do now is wait, get our hands on those swords and try to protect as much girls as we can. Mingyu and the Crown prince can fight with me while Prince Wonwoo can move these girls to a safer place."

All three of them seemed to agree with Seungcheol's plan.
But when the night finally crawled out Nabi came back and moved all four of them into a different room and locked them. It didn't take much for Jeonghan to understand what was going on. When Nabi went back he might have asked about the three extra maids to the perpetrator.

Nabi had a black mark on his face, it was obvious he was hit badly for messing things up. His eyes were filled with venom when he recognized Mingyu and Wonwoo.

He gestured to the guards to tie them up and growled as he locked the door "Our Lord will deal with you rats after the sacrifice. For now stay put."

They became more anxious as they realized what was at stake. Jeonghan was sure Seungcheol would manage to help them get out of here alive somehow but he was not so sure if they could save all those girls.
Mingyu was the most anxious amongst them all as he suddenly started hyperventilating screaming about Jangmi.

Wonwoo and Jeonghan were the only ones who were collected while Mingyu and Seungcheol were blinded by their rage.

They struggled for almost an hour but finally managed to get out of those ropes. Mingyu finally started to calm down when he was free and his body moved towards Wonwoo automatically.

Jeonghan wanted to hatch a plan but Seungcheol rushed right into breaking the lock and attacking the guards outside.
For the next few minutes things were a mess, Wonwoo blindly followed Mingyu's lead as he stumbled his way out of the fight. He had to agree both Mingyu and Seungcheol were efficient in their work and the crown prince made sure no one was alerted of their escape.