9. Adore You

The torturous training continued for Wonwoo for the next few mornings. Wonwoo always hated exercise and gave utmost priority to his schedule and gaming. Now he is literally touching grass everytime he fails to land a blow on Mingyu.

At least three weeks has passed by after his dinner with Prince Iseul and his mind was all over the place. He couldn't figure out who to trust.

"Mingyu.." He stopped abruptly and looked straight at Mingyu.

"Y_es..Hyung. If it's about the training..We can't take a break, you took five breaks already."

"No its not about that. I don't know if I can really trust you but I will take a leap of faith."

Mingyu looked at the now serious expression of the prince and nodded to reassure him.

"You know I can't help but get involved in these stuff, now that my life is probably in danger. But I hope I can investigate stuff in a more undercover way so that I don't become the target. So I wish you will answer all my questions truthfully."

Mingyu looked directly into the golden brown eyes of Wonwoo shivering under the sunlight. He wanted to tell the prince that he can trust Mingyu but all he could do was stare at the prince and hoped that the prince understood him.

They continued their training without another word till the afternoon meal. Wonwoo followed Mingyu to the kitchen while the taller one started preparing the meal.
Wonwoo's idol life felt like a far away memory for him. He was comfortably settled into the daily schedule of exhausting training, meals by Mingyu and a chatty dive into sleeply nights.

Wonwoo had many questions but he waited to complete his meal.

Mingyu knew the prince's mind was elsewhere these days but he couldn't blame the prince, he wondered what kind of nonsense the crown prince and Prince Iseul filled into the mind of Wonwoo.

He patiently waited for the prince to open up or at least ask for his help. He hopefully followed the prince back to his chambers and settled down to answer anything the prince asks for.

Wonwoo pulled his cushion in front of Mingyu and hoped the tall guard will at least be truthful to him.

"Do you know how my mother died?" Wonwoo had a feeling something surely was linked to the death of the mother.

"Erm.. poison."

"And I guess the royal physician checked her?"

"Yes. Once my mother told me that your mother umm.. poisoned herself. I don't know more than that." Mingyu bit his lip unable to look at the prince.

"Oh. So any other deaths of queens or consorts that are strange?"

"Other guards were always gossiping about how the Crown prince's mother disappeared out of nowhere. She was the Queen before the present Queen."

"Interesting." Wonwoo hummed to himself.

"Can you accompany me to Prince Jeonghan's residence and I need you to do something for me."

"Anything you want my Lord." Mingyu bowed, he was happy that the prince wanted his help.

"Leave after I enter the residence and go to Minister Kim, tell him that I asked you about my mother's 'murder' don't use the word poison. I am sure you are my guard due to Minister Kim's influence so do your job."