7. Home; Run

"Is that him?"

"Oh...he is not that ugly."

Wonwoo walked past the humdrum of the people at the palace as he concentrated on the path adorned with circular rocks.

"Third Prince. I hope you are feeling well. The Queen told me that you have started training." A long bearded middle aged man walked up to Wonwoo and ambushed him with questions. He was accompanied by a  few eunches and a sweet looking lady.

Wonwoo was baffled and looked at Mingyu asking for help.

Mingyu bowed to that man and explained " This is Minister Kim. And this is Lady Yunhee, his daughter."

Wonwoo had a gut feeling this man was bad news. The ministers are the bad ones pulling the strings in dramas.

"Please accompany me and my daughter to tea. You were so little when  I first saw you. We have a lot to catch up on. Hahaaaaaa..." He gave out a roaring laughter alarming Wonwoo.

"We have to return actually. " Wonwoo explained.

"Oh! now that you are all grown up you won't talk with me. Mingyu ya  you will accompany your uncle won't you?"

Wonwoo already figured that General Kim and Minster Kim were related. He was now more than sure these people are dangerous. He even wondered if Mingyu was assigned to him as a spy.

"I will accompany you then." Wonwoo decided it was better to not offend powerful people. He won't be surprised if half of the people in power are Kims.

He followed the minister to a house that looked like a library as he stepped inside. The minister only allowed Mingyu, Yunhee and Wonwoo to stay in  as he made others walk out.

"Please take a seat."

"Uh..Yes." Wonwoo nodded as he took a seat and gestured Mingyu to seat beside him.

"How are you feeling?"

"Huh?"

"Your health I mean."

"Oh I am a weak person. Health is not really my strong point." Wonwoo decided to present himself as a weak person.

"Haaha. But you are trying to be strong right with your training and all?"

"Actually I was hoping if you could stop this training. The King insists on it but I don't think I can live another day training. " Wonwoo tried to kill two birds with one stone. On one hand he won't be a threat and on the other hand he can escape this training.

The Lady chuckled as Wonwoo pleaded the old man.

"I will ask my sister, the queen to convey your message to the King. You are an amusing one." The minister eyed him like a prey.

"Thanks a lot."

"Why don't you try to take the throne. The King adores you despite your shortcomings. You should take these lessons, the King has decided you to be the crown prince if anything happens to Prince Jeonghan. I  think I will support you."

"No I am not really interested in the throne or lessons." Wonwoo guessed the minster would be powerful but never guessed he would be the Queen's brother.

"But think about it when you return to your chamber. You might change your mind sooner or later. I will be on my way to the Queen, you young people enjoy the tea."

So much for inviting to tea, the host himself disappeared. 
There was a long akward silence as the minister left the room. A maid walked inside and poured the tea but Wonwoo didn't dare to sip it.