18. I Don't Understand But I Luv U

Wonwoo was falling again into an endless abyss and this time he was sure there won't be another universe with a raven eyed man to catch him falling.
It felt like he was falling towards something with a furious intensity.  His hands reached out to his consciousness clutching onto the thinnest string of light.

"Hyung!"

A mellow voice poked his ears as his mind slowly started to awaken. Pools of raven eyes were hovering over his hazy eye view as he opened his eyes.

"Mingyu ya.."

Tears ran down Mingyu's cheek as he saw the man he nursed day and night finally open his eyes. Without a minute to spare he hugged the prince into a tight hug.

Wonwoo winced in pain as his lower abdomen throbbed, despite the pain he didn't want to let go of his lover's embrace.
The intensity was almost frightening with which he yearned for Mingyu's love.

After Minguy stopped crying ,Wonwoo finally surveyed his surroundings as the memories of the sacrifice night rushed to him like a nauseating whirlwind "Where are we? Are the girls safe?"

"It's the Lakeview Residence. Crown Prince Jeonghan sent us here since the situation at the palace is very bad. The public is in an uproar. And Don't worry most of them are safe."

Wonwoo tried to recall the bits of memory from that night "What happened after I was unconscious?"

Mingyu squeezed his eyes shut afraid to recall that night when he almost lost Wonwoo. He lost his mind after Wonwoo passed out, his memory was like a haze with bits of recollection
"I can't remember much, everything was a mess, Prince Jeonghan killed Iseul at somepoint, a lot of the girls almost died but luckily my soldiers arrived on time for back up. We were able to capture the Queen. Now she is in the prison for interrogation."

Wonwoo's brows knitted in disappointment and despair. He felt he would be the one to blame if something happened to Jangmi "Are Jangmi and Nako safe?"

"They are okay. But there are other issues. You just woke up rest a bit and eat your food. Prince Jeonghan will be here soon after settling things in the capital."

Mingyu broke down again after seeing the prince in pain. Wonwoo couldn't help but find this adorable. After a long time in his life he was genuinely this happy to be alive. It felt wrong with all the possible deaths that might have occurred after he passed out but finding Mingyu next to him after a long nightmare felt like a blissful moment. Being stabbed by a sword was finally worth it, if Mingyu was there right next to him taking care of him.

He has so many things to tell Mingyu but at that moment all he could do was pull Mingyu into a kiss.

Mingyu was taken aback for a moment but he reciprocated the kiss with equal yearning. He leaned towards the prince and let his hand carefully grab the back of the princes neck. He was too scared to break the kiss, so he kept  kissing the prince again and again after every gasp of breath.

Mingyu was scared that that prince might walk away once again if he broke the kiss but much to his surprise the prince smiled and kissed his forehead when they finally broke the kiss.

It was spring now, Mingyu spent endless nights begging and crying to God to let the love of his life live,  now that his love was finally awake he kissed Wonwoo like a silent prayer to the universe.

The next few days were blurred in happy echoes of laughter all around the residence. Once Wonwoo was able to move they walked for long hours in the evening serenity under the faint lingering scent of the cherry blossoms. Each of the paths were imprinted with pink petals shrouding the entired residence in a pinkish hue.