Chapter 3

Y/N POV:

"How could you miss a dead body?" I ask in frustration. Walking in step with my Wednesday and the sheriff.

"Because there wasn't one." The sheriff replies with irritation in his voice.

"Y/N and I both saw Rowan there. Someone must be trying to cover up his murder." Wednesday says as we make our way into Principle Weems's office. The angry principal stood there glaring at us.

I look over at my girl. Her face is as stoic as always, but I can read her by now. She is thinking of who is can be. Who would be covering up the murder? I was so focused on my girl. On how her dark eyes are filled with mystery. How beautiful she looks with her bangs framing her face, and how her freckles dot over her face.

I was so deep in a trance I didn't even hear the rest of the conversation that is until the door opened and showed Rowan, who was ever so clearly not dead, standing there. The shock was clear on both of our faces. In defeat, we left the office and made our way to our dorm room to discuss what could be happening.

Wednesday went off to do some mystery-solving while I stayed in the dorm room, bonding with Enid until she had to leave to go to class. I don't have my schedule yet, as I'm not technically part of the school just yet.

To keep myself busy I read my love's new draft of her novel, and as always it is exquisite. Once I was finished, I was quite bored, as my love was probably off trying to find Rowan, and Enid had to Work on her boat for the Poe Cup.

That is until I remember what my dear black dahlia told me about what that siren did to her at fencing, and as much as I know Wednesday can protect herself, what kind of girlfriend would I be without threatening a fish? A smirk formed on my lips, as a devious plan made its way into my mind.

Later that day, as the sun started to set, I sneak my way into the room of the siren. I hide in the shadow of her room. Once she enters the room, I emerge from the shadow.

"Who are you?!" she yells at me. I smirk and electricity sparks at my fingertips.

"I heard you had a little fencing fight with my girl. I'm just here to make sure that you will be leaving her alone." Terror on her face and my blue eyes latterly spark with electricity.

"Psycho didn't have to send her little pet to threaten me." She spits. Still scared out of her mind.

"Oh, my dear raven doesn't know that I'm here. And you won't tell her anything or I will turn you into fried fish. Got it!" I say to her. Only causing her to nod in fear. I smirk and make my way to the door of her room.

"One more thing. The Poe cup... will be ours." I smirk and press my finger against her door, burning a lightning bolt in the back of the door.

"Just a little reminder," I say and close the door of her room. With a smile, I make my way back to our room. Wednesday is setting in front of her typewriter typing away on her novel, and Enid is laying on her bed scrolling through Instagram.

Wednesday notices that I've entered the room, and sees the smile on my face.

"I know that smile my lightning bolt. What did you do?" Wednesday asks me, tilting her head.

"Nothing to worry about my raven. I just had a little chat with one of your classmates." I tell her and place a soft kiss on her cold lips. The corner of her mouth lifted up slightly. I sit down on the bed and ask my love about her day. She tells me that she had to go see that therapist in town again. And that Rowan was expelled and things lost him at the train station. She also joined the beekeeping club, but only because she needed an extracurricular activity.

"Hey Enid, I'm going to join your team for the Poe cup," I tell the rainbow of a girl on the other side of the room. This makes her super happy and she starts rambling about everything we need to do to be able to win.

Wednesday and I decide to take a stroll through the woods to get away from the nonstop talking Enid and to find some clues about what happened to Rowan, and how he survived that attack. As we were walking, I could feel something. Something in the air. The exact same thing I felt when Rowan attacked Wednesday.

"Raven, something isn't right," I whisper to her, causing her eyes to fill with curiosity. In that moment I knew we had to hide. So I grabbed her wrist and pull her behind a tree and place my hands on the side of her head. Shielding her from whatever may come. All that happened was the sheriff walking past.

"I'm guessing he's not just taking the family dog on a walk." She whispers before looking up at me. We just have a few inches in height different but I am taller than her. Our eyes lock, and I think for the first time she notices the position we're in and a slight blush forms on her cheeks. I lean down and kiss her. It wasn't the quick and soft one we shared when others were around. It was a kiss filled with love and passion.

After we parted for air, we walked back to campus with our pinkies intertwined. Wednesday doesn't love being touched. I know sometimes when I place my hand on her shoulder she tenses before she relaxes, but I always try and make her feel comfortable. Once back in the room, we make our way to bed and fall asleep.

The next day we wake up, ready for the Poe cup. We make our way to the tent where Enid said our costumes are waiting for us. After changing, I can see my love threaten Enid to talk about one of her 9 lives if she tried to put whiskers on her.

I am mesmerized by how beautiful Wednesday looks. I never would have thought my raven in a cat costume would be so enchanting. I hear Wednesday snap at Bianca, and I just shoot the siren a look with my electric eyes, and that makes her gulp.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allan Poe Cup. This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back 125 years. Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from Crackstone's Crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. The first team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, as well as some special privileges. Let the Poe Cup begin!" Principle Weems yells and we are pedaling.

We quickly make our way over the lake with some help with a net that we engineered in. Once at the island, Wednesday ran to get the flag, and Enid used her claws to scratch holes into the boy's boat. Bianca and her team stopped and are back before Wednesday. I begin to worry, and just as I am about to go to find her, she comes running. I make a mental note to ask her what happened because she has left in her braids.

With another secret weapon, we added. We had spears at the side of our boat, but before we could push them into the other boat. One of the sirens underwater began pushing our boat away, until things jump into the water and got him off us. Finally being able to now attack the other boat, we made it to the finish line and win the Poe cup.

Everyone was in the quad shouting and Wednesday and I slipped away from the noise. While we were sitting under the Edgar Allen Poe statue my love spotted something, but before we could look into it further Enid came and dragged us back.

Wednesday and I shared a look saying that we would look into it later that night. But for now, we spent time with the friends we made.