Chapter 4

⚠️Things get steamy close to the end⚠️

Also the café scene was inspired by a video. Those 30 seconds inspired this entire book so enjoy!

Y/N’s POV:

After the celebration, Wednesday and I made our way to our dorm to change into something else. Wednesday went to throw away the cat ears that Enid made her wear, but I stopped her, with a blush on my cheeks. She tilted her head at me.

"You look quite ravishing in them my black cat.” I whisper to her. Her cheeks almost match mine, as she lifts an eyebrow and places them in the back of her closet. Once in more comfortable clothes, we make our way down again and start looking at clues around that stature. We then realize that we can read whatever is in his book.

"The opposite of moon." Wednesday reads.

“ Sun,” I reply.

 "A world between ours."

“Nether.”

 "Two months before June."

“April”

 "A self-seeding flower."

“Pansy”

 "One more than one."

“Two.”

"Its leaves weep to the ground."

“Willow.”

"It melts in the sun."

“Ice.”

"Its beginning and end never found."

“Circle.”

"Every rule has one."

“Exception.”

"The answer will give a sharp cracking sound." Wednesday finally reads. She circles each first letter of every word.

S.N.A.P T.W.I.C.E

We smirk at each other and we simultaneously snap. The wings of the raven move and it opens a door for us. We make our way down the stairs and see a library filled with the same book Wednesday was looking for. We look around as we hear a noise, but before we could react bags were placed on our heads.

Once the bags were lifted, I notice we are standing in a circle of students... Wednesday tells Bianca to take off her mask, as I focus on burning through my ropes, knowing my love can easily free herself from these simple knots. I slightly listen as they bicker with my girl and she shoots them a sarcastic comeback, causing me to chuckle,

Bianca orders them to untie us, but we reveal that we have already freed ourselves. We move to leave this library, planning on coming back a different night, when a boy, I’m guessing the siren who was pushing our boats earlier that day, steps infront of us. I take one step closer and slightly stand in front of my girlfriend, coming face to face with the boy.

“Do you want a matching black eye?” I sneer at him, He moves out of the way and Wednesday links her arm in mine and we leave. But not before I send Bianca an electrifying look, knowing it will remind her of our little chat.

Once back in our room and settled. I finally remember what happened at the lake.

“My Raven, What happened at the crypt you were gone so long, I had started to worry?” I ask her, clearly that I do worry about what happened.

“Oh, my sweet storm cloud.” She whispers as she sits on my lap and places her hand on my cheeks.

“I touched the crypt and had a vision. An ancestor of mine came to talk to me. I’m going to try and contact her again another day.” She explains to me, causing me to only nod at her statement. She moves closer to me and gives me a sweet rough kiss. This immediately calms my nerves and I wrap my arms around her waist. Our kiss deepens and she moves to straddle me.