Chapter 4

Abuse sends out shockwaves that touch every aspect of a person's functioning

Abuse sends out shockwaves that touch every aspect of a person's functioning. A majority of the time fathers should be the protector of the household, but that's not always the case.

"Is that how you speak to your father?"

My father ruined that sweet life for me; he spoiled everything on how I imagined life was for me.

His actions made me think of life differently. Not just about life but about myself and the people that I held close to.

Everything was fine until I saw my father standing in the living room fighting and arguing with my mother.

Even after the divorce they simply can't let each other go.

Your healing journey may not be linear, and your discomfort might not immediately go away.

But you can't just let the old misery come back.

This is a time when you might not be functioning at your best. You might not be as productive at work or be as present as a friend.

No one is immune to these things.

Give yourself time to regroup and heal.

Which includes not letting your ex-husband come visit you.

She needs to let go.

However, moving on and letting go of someone is hard so I can't blame her.

"What took you so long, (y/n)?" Eren asked.

"Sorry, I was on my way here when I saw an old lady-"

"Save it." Jean rolled her eyes.

Connie lazily looked around the mall

"Sasha and Mikasa must be done with their shopping. Let's go."

My actual plan was to stay over at Kakashi's place and watch Anime but that plan was ruined by the constant text messages asking me to hang out with them.

When it comes to hanging out with friends, one can be sure that it is going to be amusing.

However, I don't.

Others believe I don't know how to have fun.

But I just don't give in to other people's definition of fun.

For me fun doesn't have to mean drinking, partying, and socializing.

Fun can be alone at night, getting lost in a book, having a deep conversation, a walk, creating art, or doing your work.

After all, Fun is yours and you define it.

The talk seemed to go on forever and any silly topic can become a point of lengthy discussions.

The latest trend in jewelry, the latest gadgets, old classic movies, the cute neighbor next door, or school-related pressures, there is no end to the list.