Chapter 18

"But (y/n), why him?"

"You got a problem, Yeager?"

"N-No."

The music of the meadow came to my ears above the sound of the water: the dawn chorus, buzzing midges and the whispering of the wind. I could smell the sweetness of cherry blossoms and the caramel soft scent of flowers in the air. It was so soothing that I could easily fall asleep.

The sounds, smells and tastes were out of this world also. The sky above the meadow was a feast for the eyes. It stretched as far as the eye could see in a dome of cocktail blue, punched with fluffy clouds.

Squeaking swallows chased whirring dragonflies in a dance of life and death.

"I have a meeting in an hour, I'll see you tonight." Levi kissed my temple and walked away from us.

"So......" Sasha leaned closer to me with curiosity written all over her face.

Soon, others did the same.

"so what?" I asked leaning back.

"How did you end up dating our former rude history teacher?"

I sighed.

"It's not possible to control your feelings when it comes to love. There shouldn't be a time limit or required amount of time. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen whether you like it or not. Levi and I didn't just happen in one night, things kept revolving around us, pulling us together one way or another, until we finally gave up and decided to be together."

"But isn't it weird to date your former teacher.?" Jean asked.

"Guys! The important thing is that (y/n)'s happy." Sasha smiled pulling me into a half hug.

"I guess you're right.." Eren shrugged.

It's been almost a week since we all graduated.

I looked at them with a faint smile.

for me, that was a day I will never forget. The number of emotions that I felt on graduation day was unbelievable, and I have yet to experience anything else like it.

I remember I was panicking thinking about having to walk across the stage in front of that many people.

Then, the more I thought about the reality of graduation day, I started to get curious, but nervous, about being able to start a new chapter in my life.

Love is what gives me the power to do that.

It doesn't mean that it's easy, but it's something that you'll do when you love someone. When you truly love someone, it motivates you to want to be a better person for them. You look for ways to improve yourself and grow as a person.

Maybe that's why I somehow managed to graduate high school.

My friends couldn't wait to go to college, meet all new people, and get a degree so that they could start their career path, but I knew that meant I had to say goodbye to my friends, who were moving several hours away from me. This was one of the hardest things I had ever had to do in my life.

"When I look back on this day now, I still remember every detail as if it was yesterday."

Eren's voice yanks me back to reality.

"Remember how (y/n) beat the shit out of that chick." Jean laughed.

"yeah! No one dared to bully or say anything against (y/n) after that incident."

"What have you guys decided?" I asked.

"Culinary Institute accepted my application!" Sasha exclaimed.