Chapter 13

"What the hell, where am I?”

I had to get off the bed but my head felt like it weighed 100 pounds, it kept bobbing like those dashboard ornaments.

Gathering all my strength I somehow got on my feet. my mouth was as dry as the desert.

Good thing I woke up to a ringtone blaring in my ear which I don’t remember setting my alarm for.

I must have done that when I was sober and thinking about the day ahead.

"You drive me crazy, (y/n)."

A blurry memory flashed in my mind.

"What the fuck...was that?" I whispered in confusion.

I don’t remember last night, All I remember is getting to the point where there was no way I could even think of leaving.

The night ended very late, with enough liquor and beer in my stomach to get five people trashed.

"Hey, you're finally up! Come, have breakfast with us!" Hange called out while flipping pancakes in the kitchen.

Levi glanced at me with great hesitation in his eyes.

"I'm the leader of survey corp."

The concept of truth and honesty albeit seems easy in theory. Yet sometimes, when it's time to speak the truth and be transparent, it can demand great courage.

But was Levi telling me about his secret count as an act of courage?

My heart knows that I share an unexplainable bond with Levi.

Bonds are reliant on the basic tenets of trust and honesty. If two people keep their true feelings at bay, they are unlikely to forge any meaningful bond. 

Is it possible that it's the reason why he told me the truth?

Because he trusted me enough?

Or was it just to scare me off?

It's probably one-sided.

I don't want to ignore him, but it's the only way to lose these emotions I have for him. I need to restrain myself from getting hurt again.

Each bond that ended damaged me.

So in order to protect my heart.

I need to keep my distance from him.

I  hurried towards the front door "I should leave, thanks for letting me stay for a night."

"Stop."

Levi's cold voice made me stop.

"Hange feels extremely sad when someone rejects her stupid home-cooked food. Do you wish to make her feel pitiful?"

"huh? What-oh!" Hange held her chest with a sad expression.

"It's okay, you can leave. I'll just drown myself in this pancake batter and try to forget about the heartbreaking rejection of yours."

Erwin chuckled sipping his tea. "Stay for breakfast. I insist, (y/n)."

Giving up, I walked over to the table.

"Yesterday's party was lit!" Hange exclaimed grinning.

"I don't remember much." I uttered rubbing my temple.

"You were hella drunk!"

I tried to clear up the blurry memories but with the unbearable headache, it seemed impossible.