Chapter 14

"I'm so sorry, (y/n). I know we made plans to watch-"

"You don't need to apologize. We'll watch the movie some other time."

Giving his signature close eyes smile, Kakashi pressed his lips against my forehead and walked out the front door.

People talk about how painful it is to lose someone that they love. They will tell you how hard it is to recover from a bad heartbreak.

But I think there is nothing more agonizing than loving someone you know you will never have.

Levi Ackerman.

It's been almost a month and I've done everything in my power to avoid any sort of interaction with Levi.

I'm scared that if I interact with him I'm going to end up embarrassing myself.

So I try to avoid him at all costs.

Sometimes loving someone from a distance is better than having your feelings get hurt.

When you love someone without them knowing it, you eliminate the risk of having them look at you differently.

If I ever confessed my feelings to him, I know he'll simply reject it and start thinking of me as a foolish high school youngster.

I'm just his student.

He would never feel the same for me.

However, I'm going to spend the rest of my life wondering whether he ever was willing to put a space for me in his heart.

I looked outside the window.

The once salmon and lavender sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black, and the night laid down a blanket of darkness.

I could see clearly millions of bright stars dotted the black sky at night.

The thick gloomy clouds shaded over the luminous moon covering its entirety, the sky was full of glistening stars but no moon.

I've seen my friends being miserable after they suffered heartache.

I watched my food get cold as my parents fought at the dinner table.

I've seen relationships turn ugly and fall apart.

People who promise to be together usually are the ones to break it first.
Growing up it baffled me. I've heard too many bad stories about love and attachment.

Now the thought of being with someone is scary to me.

Because I know how I will be after they leave.

But I'm scared of being lonely too.

I want to be with someone.
Someone close to me. Someone who will laugh at my jokes.

Text me I'm here when I'm having a bad day.

People say you'll find someone way better.

But I just can't.

I'm too scared to be in it.

So I don't tumble with my heart and that's why I don't let anyone come close to me.

That's why I push everyone away.

*BANG* *BANG*

Unexpected loud banging at the front door made me flinch in fear.

It's late at night.

Kakashi and I weren't expecting anyone this late.

"Yohoooo! Coffee girl... Come out."

I froze at my spot.