Chapter 2

Baila's Challenger above

Baila (POV)

We make it to school with Bella complaining the whole way. I parked my 2023 black Challenger in my spot designated for the Alpha's kids. Next to me, I see my brother's black 2023 Charger is already in his spot. Yes, our parents are rich. In the human world, Dad is a successful businessman. On the other side of my brother's car is a midnight blue Corvette. By the way my sister just squealed, I know that is the Midnight Moon's future Alpha Antone London.

I try to stay clear of him because for some reason he hates me. He is the leader in name calling. His and my best friend, his twin sister, Ella's birthdays are tomorrow too and our Dad and their Dad thought it would be a great idea to combine our parties since Bella is so sure he's her mate.

Although he is so hateful towards me, he is still a fine specimen to look at. He is about 6'9 like my brother, Beck! He has blue eyes. Yes, this fine black man has gorgeous blue eyes that you could get lost in. He has waves that I would love to run my hands over and ooh let's not forget about those abs that you can always see ripped in those fitted tees he wears. Wait a minute. Snap out of it Baila. I hate him as much as he hates me.

As soon as I walk to my locker, the name calling begins. "Hey fatso, nerd, loser, ugly, four eyes" are only a few of the many. They only do this when Beck is not around. Bella, her skanky friends, and Antone are the ringleaders. I don't say anything because they always say that "Snitches get stitches." I'm not afraid of them though because my Dad says that I can beat anyone including an Alpha. I have even mastered getting him to submit when we spar.

Antone hates me but his twin sister, Elle is my best friend. She always tries to make me dress more girly. She also wants me to ditch the big glasses. We're wolves so she knows I don't really need them.

She walks up to me and slings her arm over my shoulder and asks me "Baila, why do you let them treat you like this? I know you could beat the hell out of them! Why hold back?" 

I don't give her an answer to that. Instead I grab my books from my locker and sigh "let's just go to class."

Elle and I have all of our classes together. My brother's best friend and future Beta, Kane and his future Gamma, Jaques are in my first couple of classes and will report back to my super protective brother anything that jumps off; so, at least those classes are uneventful and I have a little time void of the harsh treatment.

The bell rings and finally it's lunch time.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all of my glorious friends of Dark Stone high. (Note the sarcasm)

Here comes the fat jokes! I say to myself, "Just ignore it Baila because you know that none of it's true." I know this but it still hurts that these jerks can be so cruel and it hurts even more that my sister joins in.