Chapter 6

Baila's bedroom above

Baila (POV) The Day of the Party

4am and I'm wide awake. I can't believe we are 18 although we won't shift until 10:59pm, I will still be able to sense my mate before then. Maybe it will be someone from my Mom's old pack that can take me away from here. I have everything I need to graduate early. I would miss my Mom, Dad, Breck and Elle but not any of these other jerks.

I know that I am not going back to sleep so I guess I will go down to the kitchen and grab a snack. I love oreos dipped in milk. I throw on my oversized hoodie and matching oversized sweats and run down the stairs. As soon as I hit the bottom stair, I'm hit with the most tantalizing scent I've ever smelled. It was a mixture of musk and my favorite cologne Savage. I know that scent well because my brother wears it but this amazing scent is definitely not Beck.

I stand there for a moment mesmerized by this mouthwatering scent wondering who it could be. I think I'm in love already. All of a sudden,  I feel a painful slap come across my face, snapping me out of my thoughts, and then a hand goes around my throat, feeling all of the sparks that I dreamed of and then I hear the words I somehow knew in the back of my mind would come one day. "You of all people! You're nothing but trash to me. How could the Moon Goddess f**k up this bad by pairing me with such a disgrace. You're weak! You're ugly! You're fat! You have no class! You're a nerd! I wouldn't be caught dead with such a weak pathetic b**ch! I, Antone London, future Alpha of the Midnight Moon Pack, reject you, Baila Brennan as my mate and future Luna."

That did it! A mate is suppose to be loving and kind. What about the stories about love at first sight? I do remember my Mom telling us the story of how Dad rejected her but she forgave him and he has always treated her like a Queen. I will never forgive this jerk and I will never take him back even though I'm sure this heartless a** would probably never ask me too. He's been with Bella so I wouldn't want his nasty a** anyway.

Strangely, this did not hurt like they say rejection feels. I felt nothing but pure anger at that moment. I ripped his hand away from my throat and looked him in his eyes and said, "Do you really think I would want to be mated to you? The boy that has been with my skanky sister. The boy that has treated me like s**t since day one. I Baila Brennan accept your rejection!" I walked back up the stairs satisfied with the astonished look on his face. I forgot all about my snack.