Chapter 5

Angela Bassett as Luna Brinn above

Luna Brinn (POV)

I can't believe the triplets will be 18 tomorrow. I remember when my mate and his father who was still Alpha at the time  came to my old pack the Blood Stone pack to sign an alliance. I was the Beta's 19 year old daughter at the time and Breckley Brennan was 21. We knew we were mates from the moment we set eyes on each other. I couldn't believe this fine a** caramel brother was all mine. That night when everyone was asleep, he sneaked in my room. We made love all night long, only for him to reject me the next morning saying that a Beta's daughter was not good enough to be his future Luna.

"I Breckley Brennan, future Alpha of the Dark Stone Pack, reject you, Brinn Brookerton, as my mate and future Luna."

I accepted the rejection not giving him the satisfaction of seeing how he just shattered my world. Little did either of us know, he was not only leaving me but also a triple surprise. When I was midway through my pregnancy with the triplets, there was a ceremony at the Dark Stone Pack celebrating the new Alpha Breckley. The Beta family had to attend also. My Mom and Dad knew of my situation but I begged them to let me handle my life or I would run away. They had been very supportive.

As I was unpacking in the guest room at the Dark Stone Pack, Breckley stormed in and grabbed my arm harshly and said "You let another man touch what's mine?" I snatched my arm away and said "I don't belong to you. You gave up that right." His voice deepened and the hazel in his eyes deepened letting me know that his wolf was now in control. "Who's baby is that Brinn?" He didn't frighten me because I was equally as pissed at his nerves.

I met his angry gaze with my own and said "You are the only man, if I dare call you that, that I have ever been with and YOU are the sperm donor to MY three babies and you will not ever come near them. You rejected me means you rejected them."

Something broke in him that day. As a lone tear fell from his eye, he jumped from the window shifting mid-air into his gorgeous jet black wolf and ran into the woods.

Looking back over those memories as I prepare for my old pack to come to the party, I didn't make it easy for him to get me back back then. I finally forgave him and we got married before the babies came; although as wolves, that is not necessary but he wanted the wolf world to know that I was his mate and the human world to know that I was his wife. I officially became the Luna of the Dark Stone Pack 18 years ago. I love that fine Alpha of mine!