Chapter 12

Antone (POV) pic above

Now everyone had moved out into the clearing of the woods to prepare for us to shift. Who does this pretty boy think he is to just walk up in here and claim what belongs to me? Yea, I know I treated her like s**t and slept with her sister but that was before I knew she was a fine piece of a**. I still don't really want a mate but I do want her up under me at night.

He will not take what belongs to me. I don't care if he is the King of Wolves. I go up and grab Baila's arm and say "mine" and at that moment, I hear the ripping of clothes followed by a loud thunderous roar. Before I could register what was happening, a pain ripped through my spine. I was shifting.

Some time passed. You could hear gasps all over the clearing. I looked down at my paws. I am a jet black wolf, which I knew I would be because of my alpha status. I looked around and saw another black wolf which I could tell by the size that it was Beck. I see a beautiful white wolf, which I can tell by her scent is my sister, Elle. She is also rubbing her muzzle against Beck, her mate. She will make a great Luna.

Next, I saw a small brown wolf but what really caught my eyes was the humungous Golden Wolf that stood taller than Beck and me. The part that ripped my heart out is that this was my mate nuzzling her head agains the hand of the King. I can't believe I rejected the Golden Wolf. I howled my sorrows to the moon realizing my idiotic mistakes.

I looked over at Bella, the little brown wolf. She had a snarl on her wolf face.

We were all handed clothes to go behind the trees  because it was now time to transform back to human. Before I trotted off to change, I looked back at my mate to see her transform back to her human form fully clothed. I hate her even more now but I will take her for the power. She will not get away from me that easy.