Chapter 14

Baila (POV)

Baila (POV)

I said my tearful goodbyes to my family knowing that I would see them soon at my coronation. I can't believe I am the Queen of all werewolves. As we enter the palace, there are loud applauses and congratulations to the King for finding his mate.

There are also glares coming from some of the she-wolves. I heard one say, "Who is this black b**ch with the King?"

Before I could react, Zan had his hand around her throat. His eyes are golden and Colt, his wolf is in charge. "How dare you disrespect your Queen like that! I will snap your filthy neck skank!" Colt is about to kill her.

I put my hand on his back and instantly Zan gains control and I'm looking into those ocean blue eyes I've fallen in love with.

"Hello my handsome son and beautiful daughter-in-law!" The previous Queen says as she engulfs us both in a hug followed by her husband, the previous King.

I slightly bow and address them as your highness. She says, "Nonsense, call us Contessa and Lim or Mom and Dad. We are family!"

"Come, let's go to the office and put the final touches on the coronation" Contessa says. She continues on about the white coronation gown I will be wearing and how the Alpha families from all over will come to witness the crowning of the new Queen.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. "Will I make a good Queen?" I think to myself.

Zan slips his arms around my waist and whispers in my ear, "You will be an amazing Queen!"

I blush as I turn in to his arms and attempt to give him a quick peck on the lips which he turns into and all out passionate kiss as if his parents aren't in the room.

I playfully swat him on the arm. His Father says, "Don't mind us sweetheart, Contessa and I know how it is finding your mate. You can't keep your hands off of each other."

I blush even harder.