chapter 26

after Soma explained how the events of the fishing challenge went Raven, Mito, Ryoko and Yuki were just left dumbfounded and speechless. "So you're telling me and let me see if I have this straight, you guys almost got yourselves KILLED! because of a Fish?!...is that about right?" all three boys hung their heads in silent shame. "you guys Really! need to sort out you're priorities".
around half an hour later
Ryo having finally got himself cleaned up and after letting off steam in the spring with Soma and Akira, the frustration of losing to not only to Akira at fishing but too an actual fish, which as his beloved Raven pointed out could of killed him. and after he told her how he was afraid of losing her! Ryo unwittingly put himself at risk, Raven was right he needed to sort out some priorities.

making sure to stay out of sight cause his sensitive hearing picked up Alice's voice and hearing how she was going to enter every one of the springs,

Ryo made his way to the room he and Raven were staying in.

as Ryo and Raven waited for their meal to be served. Ryo sat across from Raven taking in how exquisite and elegant she is has she sat in front of him waiting patiently, looking every bit a queen in her black silken kimono and her hair tied back in a rose shaped bun which showed off her swan like neck. he often wondered how in the world did some one like him get her to fall for him? but something else about Raven had been bugging him for quite some time.
the cakes and all the other dishes she made for him they were perfect, but it was more than just her family lineage being a Nakiri coming through from the dishes there was more to them.

not only was her cooking easily some of best he had ever tasted and full of her love, but the image of Raven he saw whenever he tasted the dishes always had a smile which was indeed beautiful, warm and full of love, but her eyes were always closed like she was hiding her true skill and power.
after a few more minutes the meal they had ordered was ready,
unbeknownst to both Ryo and Raven. their friends from Kyokusei dorm, Ikumi Mito, and Isami aldini were the ones who had prepared the dishes, Raven could just taste the joy, care and passion from each chef within every bite.
Ryo however was convinced he could do better than this, "huh! I can make this dishes so much better than this" Raven couldn't help but giggle at this, "I know you can, but please remember that not everyone has the same amount of talent and skill as you, my love".

"so have you given any more thought to my grandfather's request and offer?" I have and I decided to take him up on his offer if it helps me become the best for you then of course I will accept"
"will you be attending the moon festival?"
" humm~I'll properly just walk around see what's what, if Mr Kibishi doesn't require my my help in the library which he properly will. plus I'm going to be busy next week with moving the horses to the riding school, not to mention the school's new horses still require training".
"why are you moving the horses?" it's part of the tests for advancement competitions, to pass we have complete the trials on unfamiliar horses. so the riders must be able to not only complete the courses without fault and within the time but do so while building trust with an unknown horse. hence the reason why I have so many injuries".
"speaking of injuries. won't yours hinder you doing the training?"
"well now there isn't going to be any idiotic chefs messing around with fire things should go a lot smoother"

An hour later.
after their meal was completed Raven and Ryo went for one last soak before going to bed, on the way to the co-ed spring they came across Megumi tadakoro, "Megumi? where have you been this whole time, and are you only now going to the baths?" "Oh...Miss Shadow, Kurokiba-kun!? there was an incident in the kitchens one of the chefs sprained his back so me and the others decided to help out, I heard you weren't feeling well earlier Shadow are you feeling better now?" "Oh that yes, thanks the pain medication make me drowsy that's all"
"Ok, are you coming the baths Shadow?"
"yes....but I'll be going to the co-ed bath with Ryo, then we're going to bed. so I'll see you in the morning Megumi"
upon hearing that they were going to be in the spring together and then go to bed had Megumi's mind racing with all kinds of thoughts. seeing that she had turned the deepest shade of Raven grew concerned, "are you Ok Megumi you've gone very red?"
"O-O-Oh! erm y-yes I'm fine, well I'll heading to the baths. so yeah I'll see you in the morning, good night Shadow, Kurokiba-kun".