4. Chaos

Enid Sinclair

Today is the day of a new fresh start at school. The weekend has passed by surprisingly fast. I didn't mind it because not only was I excited at the fact I have a couple of classes with Wednesday, but today is where the academy has a club rush. I get to represent my own club and meet new outcasts that were previously separated last year. I was lucky enough to meet Yoko outside of campus when we had the opportunity. I needed a friend when I was at my worst.

The weekend was somewhat decent. I wanted to get to know Addams more, but she has been gone throughout the days. I was thinking that she might've wanted to spend time with her boyfriend or preferred to be alone. I saw her a few times around the academy or in Jericho, however she disregarded my presence whenever I tried catching her attention. I respected Wednesday enough not to bother her when it's her writing time as we both were in our dorm. Maybe in class, she won't give me the silent treatment.

I was getting dressed, putting on the blue school uniform with the Nevermore symbol patched to the left side of my chest. Wednesday had already left earlier with Thing while I was still asleep. I don't know how my roommate wakes up early and leaves an hour before first class starts. But it does sound like something Wednesday would do. I walked to my own bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. Afterwards, I added some turquoise eyeshadow on my eyelids as well as curled my eyelashes and put on some lip gloss.

Once I was satisfied with how I looked, I ran to the side of my bed and grabbed my pink school bag. I inserted the straps on my shoulders and moved to the door. I opened and closed it while trotting down the hallway. I made it to the stairs and quickly got to the bottom of it, taking myself outside the building. The walkways and quad were filled with students trying to get to class. I didn't rush knowing I had ten minutes until my Botanical Science class began. That's when I pulled out my phone to text Yoko.

Me🐺 : Morning Yoko! Are you ready to start class?

Yoko🧛‍♀️: hell no and morning😒

Me🐺: Where are you?

Yoko🧛‍♀️: in class already with ur scary ass roommate

Me🐺: She's there?

Yoko🧛‍♀️: yes and I'm scared for my life becuz I'm alone with her

Me🐺: I'm on my way!

Yoko🧛‍♀️: please hurry! I don't want to die alone. I'm risking my own life by saving a seat for you next to me

Me🐺: I will, don't worry, and thanks Yoko :)

I turned off my phone and started working my way to the greenhouse. The farther I got away from the school building, the more it got quiet. Botanical Science is the furthest from any other class. The structure is mostly made out of glass and almost shaped like a dome. It's hidden with a lot of trees and bushes surrounding the property. I think it's distinctive and a pretty neat premise.

I arrived at the entrance of the classroom and saw only two familiar peers of mine in the room. Wednesday was sitting in the front of the class while Yoko sat right behind her. I made Yoko know my appearance, and she released a sigh of relief to see me. I dropped my bag next to the stool I claimed and led myself to Wednesday. I heard my friend call out my name in a panicked whisper, but I ignored it.