6. Gross Feelings

Enid Sinclair

Fridays are the best. Mainly because it's the last day before the weekend begins. And today is a new beginning for my club. I've been waiting for this day to come. I had a list of the members who joined Freaky Friday. The names I recognize are Bianca, Ajax, Xavier, Divina, and Thing. I mentioned the club to Thing the other day. He agreed to be a part of it and help organize when needed.

Yoko, Thing, and I were out in the quad. We placed a piece of paper with tape and stuck them on the picnic tables that are available. Each paper has a tally chart drawn on it. Our activity we chose is a contest everyone can participate in. I'm really eager about it.

"Is everything prepared, Thing?" I inquired the hand.

He tapped, Yup! Everything is ready.

"Perfect. Yoko! Are you finished writing on the whiteboard?" I twisted around to see Yoko focused on the whiteboard that's connected to a stand.

She had her hands on her hips, checking if there were any mistakes she made accidentally. After Yoko reviewed it, she faced me and held a thumbs up. That was a cue my friend was done writing on the board.

"Who do you think will arrive at the quad first?" I gazed at Thing who was on top of the picnic table.

He used his index finger to point behind me. I turned and saw the one and only, king of the bees.

"Eugene! You're here!" I beamed brighter than the sun.

"Why wouldn't I bee? You joined my club, so I'll bee comb a member of yours," He made a pun that had me chuckling.

"Then, wel-comb to the colony. Sit wherever you like. Once more people arrive, I will start today's activity."

"Sweet!" Eugene picked a table that was closest to the whiteboard.

The next two outcasts to make it are Ajax and Xavier.

"Wow. Principal Weems let you claim the entire quad," Xavier spoke in a surprised manner.

"Weems loves me," I shrugged my shoulders.

"A tad bit more than any other student here. Do you happen to know if Bianca will come?"

"Yeah. She texted me saying that she, Divina, and Kent are meeting up here."

"Wherever the girls go, Kent follows. They are like sisters to him. Well, Divina and him are biological siblings. You get the point," Xavier gestured by using his head.

"What are you two talking about?" Ajax came from behind us and wrapped his arms around both of our shoulders.

"Xavier here desperately wants to see a certain siren drop by," I simpered teasingly.

"Bro. Stop being a pussy and just ask her out. It's not that hard," the gorgon boy playfully punched Xavier on the shoulder.

"That's easy for you to say. Say, Enid. Is today's pursuit involved in being partners with someone?"

"Yeah. It's a contest we're having. You will find out what it is in a couple of minutes," I gave him an answer.

"Yes!" Xavier happily punched the air.

"Whatever contest you have in mind, I am ready for it," Ajax cracked his knuckles and grinned determinedly.

"I hope you are," I smirked confidently, knowing that he is not ready.

"Enid."

I whirled myself in the direction of a familiar, stern voice. My face lit up right away when I saw Addams in her dark uniform approaching me. Ajax made a choice to go with Xavier for the moment. I felt a little fluttering sensation roaming around my stomach at the sight of my roommate. I pushed the feeling aside and instead, concentrated on the braided-haired girl in front of me.