12. Parents

A/n: A bit of angst

Wednesday Addams

"Wednesday!"

My eyes opened immediately to the sound of a girl's recognizable voice. Nothing but fog and darkness were gathered around me as I stood in the middle of it. The only thing I was able to see clearly was Goody Addams. She ran to my direction with a panicked expression. It alarmed me in a horrendous manner. The atmosphere made the feeling worse.

"Wednesday! You're in grave danger. Joseph Crackstone will be resurrected soon. You need to stop the member of the Gates family that stole my book. This person has a sidekick that can turn to a massive beast. That's all the information I can lend you. Be careful. It's going to get dangerous sooner than you think," my ancestor had a hand out to reach me until she disintegrated into the mist.

My mind ran wild from the new details Goody provided me. I did not anticipate her to give me anything that deems useful. Now I have some clues to find two perpetrators involved with the attempted murders of Yoko and Eugene. One is a normie. The other is a shapeshifting monster. The sound of it resembles a Hyde and their master who controls them. Speaking of that, I must get my hands on the book. I have a sense my theory is true, and I can prove it.

I was ready to leave my vision, but apparently, there's more to view. What's better is that my prediction about the two culprits and who they may be is correct. A clear picture of a Hyde stood tall and proud. Next to it was a human wearing a long coat with a hat to hide their face and hair. The Hyde roared and sprinted after the person next to them pointed out their arm and index finger ahead.

It was the last thing I was able to watch before my vision ended. My eyesight came back to me, and now I was brought back to my room. There, Enid had both hands on my arms. She was shaking me to get me to wake up from my slumber. I then realized I had a vision while sleeping. Never once have I had something like that happen to me.

"Finally! I was beginning to think you died or were just ignoring me to sleep some more. Today is Parent's Day. You're running a little late. Principal Weems will start her speech in fifteen minutes before our parents arrive at the quad," Enid reminded me.

"I would've woken up, but I had a vision in my sleep. I have an idea as to who is behind hurting our friends," I uncrossed my arms and sat up from my bed.

"Who is it?" Enid drawled, preparing herself for my answer.

"There's a creature on the loose called the Hyde. They have a master who could be a normie. They both were in my vision. The Hyde was already transformed, however the human was not," I clarified to my friend.

"I read about Hydes before. They do have masters that are only allowed to be normies if that helps answer your questions."

"Yes, it does. Is there anything else I should know about Hydes?"

"Not really. I did hear some gossip about a student in Nevermore that acts like a normie but really is a Hyde. It's crazy because Hydes are banned from entering school," my roommate stated.

"The rumor is true. Someone at the academy is pretending to be the normie rather than a Hyde. And a normie is most likely attending Nevermore who is also the master of the Hyde," I put the pieces together.

"You're onto something Wednesday. We can talk about it later, but right now, you need to get dressed or else we'll be late," Enid claimed.

"You can go without me. I will probably be late regardless."

"I'll wait for you then. We gotta play it safe and make sure no Hyde tries to come after us next. Hummers stick together as Eugene said before."

"Hummers do stick together. I suppose we can go down after I'm done getting ready."